Witton Albion Supporters FC v Soccersixes Rejects

Sunday 3rd August @ 3.30pm

Shiny new RED n WHITE kit for this one please (but please bring your BLUE shirt along if you have one).

Previous Meetings:

Witton are yet to face this unknown quantity.

Current Form:

Witton - WLLW (For 6, Against 5)
Rejects - LLLL (For 0, Against 8)

League Postion:

Witton - 6th, 4points
Rejects - 10th, 0 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Tom Green, 3 goals
Rejects - n/a

Witton from:

Gregory, Crouch, Scott Carter, Robinson, Haspell, Grassby, Shaun Carter, Clarke, Chadwick.

Injured:

Prew, Stuart, Blundell.

One to watch:

Adam Clarke needs to prove he is still first-team material :wink: .

Mile-Stones:

Si Gregory could make his 20th appearance.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 4 3 1 0 10 2 8 7
Now 4 2 0 2 6 5 1 4

Interesting Fact:

It’s my birthday on Sunday, so i expect a good performance!!

How many weeks has your preview said 'Si Gregory could make his 20th app", how is ‘sicknote’ not seen him in a while?

:wink:

As far as i’m aware he has no new injuries, but i’ve not seen him in 3 days so this information may be way out of date… :laugh:

Talking to Sicknote Si on Sunday - He’s done his back in again.

He’s our Harry Kewell/Darren Anderton/Gary Neville*

(*delete as applicable)

I’d like to take a Team photo with the trophies on Sunday, so can everyone bring them along? Thanks.

Which Chadwick is it on the team sheet? Surely the young one is too young and the other 2 are well past it.

It is Andy Chadwick. And yes, you are right…

Witton Albion Supporters FC 2 v 0 SoccerSixesRejects
Shaun Carter
Andy Chadwick

Att - 12

Witton Team
GK - Couch; DF - Haspell, Robinson; MF - Sc Carter(c), Sh Carter; FW - Clarke.
Subs - Chadwick, Grassby.

MOTM - Shaun Carter (good performance, even better hair-cut)
Next Best - Haspell (‘they shall not pass’)

Witton Rating ***
Match Rating ***

A ‘functional’ performance by Witton saw them claim another 2 points, and another clean sheet. In truth, Crouch had very little to do in the Albion goal and did well to still break a sweat.

Again Witton demonstrated a pressing game high up the pitch, not allowing their opponents time on the ball - the recent fitness work carried out by Drew Haspell continuing to benefit the Witton players.

Shaun Carter has looked like a player with something to prove in the last 2 games, and it was he who broke the deadlock with an excellent finish. Witton could have added to the scoreline, but at half time it was 1 - 0.

Chadwick wrapped up the points early in the second half with a thunderbolt of a shot. The keeper got a big hand to it, but the pace of the strike meant that he could do nothing more than help it into the top corner of his net.

The rest of the game was largely played out in the Rejects half of the pitch, but Witton were unable to add to their 2 - 0 lead. The mis-firing Adam Clarke will be disappointed to once again draw a blank, and the question on everyone’s lips is ‘has he done enough to keep his place’?! Only time will tell…

‘and the question on everyone’s lips is ‘has he done enough to keep his place’?! Only time will tell…’

Robbo, you forgot to mention that I had a hand in shaun’s goal, and laid the ball off for chad to score!

Have I done enough?! maybe not!

Clarkey9 wrote:

Have I done enough?!

[/quote]

Probably not!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Gaffer!

Better bring my cushion for the bench then?!

Well you had a cameo appearance as a sweeper yesterday…might actually be worth bringing a brush on Sunday and sweeping up around the pitch!! It looked untidy yesterday and will save you getting bored!!!

Don’t do it Adam, he’s fishing!!!

Don’t worry Mr Green, we were much safer at the back when I went back there, Robbo took about 5 mins at 1 point of the game to decide which foot he was gonna kick the ball with!

…as only his right foot is worth mentioning, i’m confused…

The fact that i had 5 minutes to decide says it all…good players always find time on the ball…

and it was Clarkie getting caught in possesion that caused said incident to arise in the first place…

2 games, 2 clean sheets…i rest my case!! :lol:

Confused???

Thats a good way to sum Robbo up really aint it!!!

I’m confused about how their defender managed to get sucked in by the slowest most geriatric set of step overs i’ve ever seen in my life!!! :ohmy:

At least I can do stepovers when I mean to, not like a certain member of the squad who fools defenders(and himself) whenever he gets the ball!