Witton Albion Supporters FC v Tangtastics

Sunday 22nd June @ 3.30pm

BLUE kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton have drawn 1 - 1 with Tangtastics, and beaten them 1 - 0 in this season’s previous meetings.

Current Form:

Witton - WWLWL (For 12, Against 5)
Tangtastics - WWWLD (For 9, Against 4)

League Postion:

Witton 2nd - 28 points
Tangtastics 3rd - 24 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Graham Prew/Scott Carter/Adam Clarke/Tom green, 7 goals
Tangtastics - Gavin Newman, 21 goals

Witton from:

Chesworth, Tom Green, Adam Knight, Clarke, Scott Carter, Shaun Carter, Haspell, Blundell, Chadwick, Robinson, Johnson, Gregory, Marshall.

Injured:

Stuart, Prew.

One to watch:

With Crouchy missing, Drew Haspell has a big shirt to fill in goal…

Mile-Stones:

Si Gregory could make his 20th appearance for the Team, Mark Robinson could make his 40th.
Mike Blundell could net his 15th goal for the Team.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 19 11 2 6 44 17 27 24
Now 19 12 4 3 43 16 27 28

Interesting Fact:

Anything other than a complete mauling should guarantee 2nd place for Witton due to their much-superior Goal Difference. Although the league wasn’t won, 2nd place is an improvement on last season - and should earn us our first medals!

Witton Albion Supporters FC 2 v 2 Tangtasics
Blundell
Chadwick

Att - 6

Witton Team
GK - Haspell; DF - Robinson, Sc Carter(c); MF - Deeley, Blundell; FW - Green.
Subs - Sh Carter, Chadwick, Marshall.

MOTM - Nigel Deeley (rolled back the years to make Christiano Ronaldo look like a one-trick-pony)
Next Best - Mark Robinson (I hardly ever get a game these days so i’m taking some glory whilst i can!!!))

Witton Rating ***
Match Rating ****

Witton had a player on show yesterday who displayed proven class from start to finish. A player who made everyone else on the pitch look like nothing more than pretenders. A player who passed the ball like Hoddle, dribbled like Waddle, and made it all look like a complete doddle. Anyway enough about me… we also had a certain Mr Nigel Deeley playing for the Supporters Team!!

Witton raced into a 1 - 0 first half lead, and never really looked threatened. It was no suprise when Chadwick doubled the lead early in the 2nd half with an absolute rocket (Chad may not have been a great goalscorer this season, but he has certainly been a scorer of great goals!!), and Witton looked comfortable.

However, in a game where Witton only needed to avoid a thrashing to guarantee a 2nd placed finish, Robinson chose to rotate his players. With Marshall returning from his lengthy injury lay-off, there were more positives than negatives - despite Witton letting the 2 goal lead slip and ending up with a draw.

So next week sees the final game of the season being played out, and those players who haven’t featured as often as they would have liked will be given an opportunity to stake a claim for a regular place next season. Drew Haspell is considering retiring due to knees of a Paul McGrath-like condition, so it promises to be an emotional afternoon…

The Supporters Team Player Of The Season awards are due to be held at The Chester Way (formally the Mill House) on Sunday at approx 7pm. We are then heading into town at 8ish. Anybody who wishes to join us is more than welcome…

2-2 what a difference ND made:blush:

He kept tripping over his…feet.

We have a pretty meaningless game now on Sunday, so if there’s anybody out there who’d like to make an appearance then let me know and we’ll fit you in if we can.