Witton Albion Supporters FC v Tangtastics

Sunday 20th July @ 3.30pm

BLUE kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton drew with Tangtastics twice, and won once last season.

Current Form:

Witton - WL
Tangs - LW

League Postion:

Witton - 6th, 2points
Tangs - 5th, 2 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Sc Carter/Sh Carter, 1 goal
Tangs - ?

Witton from:

Gregory, Crouch, Scott Carter, Tom Green, Robinson, Haspell, Clarke, Blinkhorn, Grassby.

Injured:

Prew.

Honeymoon:

Blundell.

One to watch:

Jay Blinkhorn is a new Witton fan, and will be looking to make an impact from the bench.

Mile-Stones:

Drew Haspell should make his 40th appearance for the Team, Si Gregory could make his 20th appearance.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 3
Now 2 1 0 1 2 3 -1 2

Interesting Fact:

The lads will be looking to benefit from Monday’s fitness session.

Needless to say, we have a few wrongs that we need to put right

I’m looking forward to it!!

2 new teams added to the league this week

But not to worry though, they will pose no threat to you (if their previous teams/performances are to go by anyway) :stuck_out_tongue: :laugh:

Witton Albion Supporters FC 0 v 2 Tangtastics

Att - 5

Witton Team
GK - Couch; DF - Grassby, Robinson; MF - Sc Carter(c), Clarke; FW - Green.
Subs - Haspell, Blinkhorn.

MOTM - Graham Crouch (made a few excellent saves when called upon)
Next Best - Blinkhorn

Witton Rating ***
Match Rating ***

A much-improved performance saw Witton fall to a 2nd consecutive 2 - 0 defeat. However, unlike last week, there were plenty of positives to take (especially from the first half’s performance).

2 errors allowed Tangtastics to score 2 goals from just 3 shots on goal Witton however had 15 attempts on the opposite goal, without getting the luck that their approach play deserved.

On another day Witton may well have won 3 or 4 nil, but it just wasn’t to be. With Champions Winsford up next, Witton will be hoping that their luck changes…

Unlucky boys but I’m confused!

How can Crouchy get man of the match when they only had 3 shots and scored 2? By definition of the match report he can only have made one save?!?

But that 1 save was a peach!! He couldn’t do anything about either goal, and i’m not sure anyone else could honestly hold their hands up and say they played better than him…