Witton Albion Supporters FC v The Dirty Soviets

Sunday 12th October @ 2.30pm

[color=#FF0000]RED[/color] kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton won 1 v 0 last time out, with Tom Green netting the winner.

Current Form:

Witton - DWWLW (For 12, Against 6)
Soviets - WWWDW (For 10, Against 2)

League Postion:

Witton - 2nd, 21 points
Soviets - 3rd, 20 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Shaun Carter, 14 goals
Soviets - Monty, 8 goals

Witton from:

Scott Carter, Shaun Carter, Blundell, Chadwick, Blinkhorn, Gregory, Robinson, Green, Fallows.

Injured:

Prew, Stuart.

One to watch:

With Soviets currently scoring for fun, Graham Crouch could be a busy man.

Mile-Stones:

Andy Chadwick should make his 40th appearance for the Team (to match his age), Si Gregory could be in contention to make his 20th appearance (He wishes this matched his age), and Matty Fallows could make his 10th appearance (his mental age).
Tom Green is just a 4-goal haul away from 40 goals - how welcome that would be on Sunday!

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 14 9 4 1 31 11 20 22
Now 14 10 1 3 35 12 23 21

Team Stats:

P W F A Win%
76 40 162 84 52.6

Interesting Fact:

A Witton win will almost guarantee another second-placed finish.

Witton Albion Supporters 1-1 The ‘VERY’ Dirty Soviets
Webby

Line Up - Blundell, Robinson, Sc Carter, Green, Sh Carter, Chadwick. Sub Webby.

A very physical encounter saw Witton take a share of the points which should secure their second succesive runners up place in the league (Sound familiar?)

Down to the bare bones of a side, after conceding an early goal with more than a suspicion of handball about it, there task looked even more ominous when an outrageous challenge on Tom Green, resulted in the player being carried off.

Soviets in their only sporting gesture of the afternoon allowed Webby to come on for Greenie, and were left rueing that decision when he struck his second shot of the game low into the bottom corner.

Robinson performed admirably at the back and at one point even passed a ball to a fellow players feet along the ground:laugh:

Shaun Carter and Webby took the game to Soviets throughout the 2nd half with some clever interplay with the ‘veteran’ Chadwick!
Witton looked the only side capable of fashioning an equaliser, with Scott Carter, Shaun Carter and Chadwick having efforts well saved by the Soviets keeper, Blundell in the Witton goal however was a spectator for large parts of the game (Which judging by his warm up wasn’t a bad thing!).

Soviets only response was to resort to constant and cynical challenges which brought about numerous free kicks for Witton,at any other level they would have had a man sent off for an outrageous two footed challenge towards the end. Not to mention the persistent offences and the ‘tackle’ on Greenie.

MOM - Robinson - Shackled the Ginger Whinger throughout and even looked cultured at times.
NEXT BEST - Take your pick everyone had a good solid game

Team Rating ****
Match Rating ***

Well Done Lads…proud of your efforts.

Disgrace ! Crap ! Not fit to wear the shirt ! Manager and assistant have got to go NOW ! Get Ogden and Watson in before it is too late.

I have been a long suffering fan for quite a few years now and watched last weeks game.

Lads, I’m disappointed. Greenie looked like he was shot by a sniper and it didn’t seem a foul to me, for a big lad he goes down easy. You guys spend a lot of time holding your shins and keeping still…its quite dramatic. The old guy up front at least showed some bottle when he got up from what was a genuine bad tackle.

Those pesky Soviets are a physical bunch I will grant you but you dont ever see them stopping play for 5 minutes while they roll around…and what a finish for Burnsie, that lads class!

Great goal from Webbie. Maybe we should get other people to play for us more often.

I hope we can win the league next season like The Dirty Soviets and Winsford have. Then maybe Greenie will relax a little and realise its a kick about on a Sunday and not the world cup final!

We can do it next season for sure! Come on you supporters!

And what a finish for Burnsie, that lads class!

You mean he WOULD be class if he could lose a couple of stone and/or find a shirt that fits. :laugh:

‘old guy up front’ whats that about?

I thought i was wearing well!!!

Seriously its a forum and i’m glad your contributing to it!