Witton Albion Supporters FC V Winsford

Sunday 27th July @ 1.30pm

RED n WHITE kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton drew, won, and lost against Winsford last season, as the plastic scousers took the league title.

Current Form:

Witton - WLL (For 2, Against 5)
Winsford - WWW (For 7, Against 0)

League Postion:

Witton - 6th, 2points
Winsford - 2nd, 6 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Sc Carter/Sh Carter, 1 goal
Winsford - Danny Barnes

Witton from:

Gregory, Crouch, Scott Carter, Tom Green, Robinson, Haspell, Blinkhorn, Grassby, Shaun Carter, Tim Green, Blundell.

Injured:

Prew.

One to watch:

Drew Haspell will be charged with stopping Danny Barnes.

Mile-Stones:

Shaun Carter should make his 30th appearance for the Team, Si Gregory could make his 20th appearance.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 3 2 1 0 8 2 6 5
Now 3 1 0 2 2 5 -3 2

Interesting Fact:

Witton were the only team to challenge Winsford last season, so will be hoping to be the first team to score against them this time around…

Sorry chaps I cant do a 1.30 KO due to family stuff.

No problem.

Updated match squad:

Gregory, Crouch, Scott Carter, Tom Green, Robinson, Haspell, Blinkhorn, Stewart, Shaun Carter, Tim Green,

Chaps

Those included in the squad for Sunday please can you bring along your own shorts and socks (preferably red) as we have a shortage of these in this kit. I do have some available but not enough to provide for all.

Hopefully this will be addressed within the next week and I won’t have to ask you to bring your own again.

Any problems let me know.

Thanks

Won 4-0.

Full report to come from Robbo

Witton Albion Supporters FC 4 (FOUR) v 0 Winsford
Thomas Green 3
Shaun Carter

Att - 11

Witton Team
GK - Couch; DF - Haspell, Robinson; MF - Sc Carter(c), Blinkhorn; FW - Green.
Subs - Sh Carter.

MOTM - Tom Green (3 goals says it all really)
Next Best - Blinkhorn (An all-action display from midfield)

Witton Rating *****
Match Rating ****

From the first kick of the game you see the determination in the eyes of each and every Witton player. The recent fitness sessions put on by Drew have obviously started to benefit the players, as despite the searing heat the Witton boys hassled and closed down their opposition all over the pitch. It was this approach that yielded the first goal infact, as the Winsford goalkeeper rolled the ball to his defender, Robinson closed him down immediately and forced him to pass the ball straight back to the keeper. This is an infringement in 6s, and therefore an indirect freekick to Witton. Blinkhorn rolled it to Green, who made no mistake with his finish - 1 nil.

The 2nd goal came from great play by Blinkhorn, who’s run took away 2 defenders allowing his inch-perfect ball to Green to do most of the work - 2 nil.

The third goal came immediately, as the Winsford goalkeeper tried to restart play by rolling the ball out, only for Green to beat the defender to the ball - 3 nil (and further evidence of the progress made since Drew started his fitness sessions).

The 2nd half saw Shaun Carter return to action, and a great move once again involving Blinkhorn soon saw him make it 4 - 0 - and finally ensure the 2 points were heading Witton’s way.

It is testament to the improved fitness and desire of the Witton team, that even at 4 - 0 they were the more eager to chase every loose ball and try to score more. A 5th goal did almost come when Shaun Carter played green in for a volley that would of had goal of the season written all over it but for a fantastic save by the keeper, which very nearly equalled an even better save by Crouch in the first half.

Robinson also could have made it 5 had Shaun played him in rather than shooting. Although in truth the ball could of ended up anywhere had the pass been made…

So a great day at the office then, and a massive improvement on recent weeks.

:laugh: Great Result boys, well done to all.

Amazing what a bit of fitness and a lack of bitching can achieve!

Onward and Upward!

Do i no longer go on the injured list???

Or does shin splints not count as an injury???

Just one more month… can’t wait!!

I have devised a new ‘Being A Big Girl’s Blouse’ list just for you!!! :wink:

You’re on so many lists/registers already i’ve decided not to make one up for you… :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re bored of mentioning you “sicknote”. At least Prew has real scars!!!

I’m still not sure how you contracted these ‘shin splints’ anwyay… Surely you would need to run inorder to put sufficient pressure on your shins?? Surely in your line of work you’d be much more likely to get carpal tunnel syndrome :stuck_out_tongue: