Witton Albion Supporters FC v Winsford

Sunday 23th November @ 3.30pm

RED kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton beat Winsford 4 - 0 at this stage last season, but had to watch their great rivals take the title after a 2 - 5 defeat when it really mattered.

Current Form:

Witton - WWW (For 7, Against 1)
Winsford - WWD (For 8, Against 1)

League Postion:

Witton - 1st, 6 points
Winsford - 2nd, 5 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Andy Chadwick, 3 goals
Winsford - Danny Barnes (suprise suprise), 6 goals

Witton from:

Scott Carter, Shaun Carter, Blundell, Chadwick, Robinson, Chesworth, Blinkhorn, Fallows, Tom Green, Crouch, Clarke.

Doubtful:

Stuart.

One to watch:

Graham Crouch could return in goal for Witton to continue his own personal dual with Danny Barnes.

Mile-Stones:

Tom Green is 1 away from 40 goals for the Team, Andy Chadwick is looking for his 20th goal, and Adam Clarke could net his 15th.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 3 1 0 2 2 5 -3 2
Now 3 3 0 0 7 1 6 6

Team Stats:

P W F A Win%
82 44 177 89 53.7

Interesting Fact:

This will be the first time that these 2 sides have met without Witton having to play catch-up.

Witton Albion Supporters FC 1 v 0 Winsford
Adam ‘leftback’ Clarke
Att - 6

Witton Team
GK - Crouch; DF - Fallows, Sc Carter; MF - Sh Carter(c), Clarke; FW - Chadwick.
Subs - Tom Green, Robinson (n/u).

MOTM - Adam Clarke (pulled all the strings aswell as hitting an unstoppable winner)
Next Best - Matty Fallows (a Pritchard-esque performance from the no-nonsense defender)

Witton Rating ****
Match Rating ***

Witton continued this weekend’s theme of beating a previous season’s champions, and upsetting the odds, by beating Winsford 1 - 0 this afternoon.

Winsford danger-man Danny Barnes barely got a kick in the entire 26 minutes as Matty Fallows stalked him like a man looking for a restraining order.

Adam Clarke protected the defense, whilst picking out passes like Glenn Hoddle without the religion.

Scott Carter has somehow remembered how to tackle, and even looks up now before passing the ball.

Shaun Carter refused to let a sore rib hamper him too much (ah bless).

Graham Crouch returned to take up his rightful position between the goal posts. He must have got bored at one point, as he seemed happier throwing the ball out to the opposition rather than his team-mates!!

Andy Chad once again played unselfishly, winning his usual plethora of freekicks in the attacking 3rd of the field.

And there was a late cameo from Tom Green, who’s most telling contribution was kicking the ball as far away as he could after the ref blew for a freekick!!!

And it would be nice to add that Winsford took their defeat very sportingly. But it would be a lie so i can’t say that unfortunately!!!

Witton are now top of the league by 2 points after 4 games. 3 points clear of Winsford in 3rd.

A cracking weekend for Witton Supporters…

Very well done lads.

I think it’s important to note that Clarkey plays more like Rodney Marsh than Glenn Hoddle - he’s shown that if you can tackle a bit and pass it a bit you can get away with not running around at all!!

I was told to play the Michael Carrick role by the gaffer!

What he told you to keep giving the ball away cheaply?!?!

No, my tactical advice at 1 nil was ‘Kick it in the f***ing river’!!! As Dann will testify… :blush:

Your actual tactics for the day were:

“Get one-nil up and then hoof the f**king ball into the river. Or anywhere. Just hoof it as far away as possible”

Almost Fergie/Wenger like… oh no, wait…:wink:

I wasn’t wrong though was i… :stuck_out_tongue: