Witton Albion Supporters v Lion Allstars

Sunday 6th July @ 3.30pm

RED kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Lion are a new team to the league, so we can’t afford to take them for granted…

Current Form:

Witton -
Lion -

League Postion:

Witton
Lion

Top Scorers:

Witton -
Lion -

Witton from:

Clarke, Chadwick, Gregory, Marshall, Crouch, Stuart, Scott Carter, Shaun Carter, Green.

Injured:

Prew, Blundell.

One to watch:

Dann Stuart is back from injury, and will be looking to make up for lost time.

Mile-Stones:

Si Gregory could make his 20th appearance for the Team.
Scott Carter is closing in on 60 appearances, and Tom Green is just a 4-goal haul away from 30 goals.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then
Now

Interesting Fact:

A brand new season kicks off on Sunday. Witton will be looking to start with a win.

We are looking a bit thin on the ground squad-wise if anyone is available to help out…

I can play Robbo ill make sure on the trains this time…:wink:

Have we got a Match Report??

Witton Albion Supporters 2 - 1 Lion Allstars
Sc Carter
Sh Carter

Witton - Crouch, Marshall, Sc Carter, Sh Carter, Clarke, Chadwick
Subs - Grassby, Gregory (not used)

Att - 3

MOTM - Shaun Carter - Very important goal to break the deadlock and good all round performance.
Next best - Andy Chadwick - Just shades Scott Carter to next best after a tiresome performance up top (Scott did well but Chad had 10 pints on the Saturday night so he just shades it!)

Witton started the new season in the best possible fashion with a victory against league new boys, Lion Allstars. Witton made a shaky start to the game and some of the blame for this can be attached to Mike Blundell’s wedding reception on Saturday night (Congratulations Mike and Lisa!). Once they got into their stride, Witton took control of the game, and chances were created for the attacking triangle of Clarke, Chadwick, and Sh Carter. Unfortunately none of these were taken.

The game changed after 10 minutes. Not sure who got the assist but Shaun Carter found himself with a shooting opportunity after a well worked move and rifled an unstoppable shot into the top corner of the net, 1 nil! By this time Grassby had replaced Marshall at the back and Witton comfortably made it to half time with their lead in tact.

Witton started the 2nd half brightly, Scott Carter was finding more room and was causing more and more problems for the Lion Allstars. On one of his many charges forward, a magical pass from Chadwick found Scott on the edge of the box and he found the bottom corner of the net to make it 2 nil!

There was still time for the Allstars to score. An indirect free kick on the edge of the Albion box managed to get past the wall and beat Crouch (who otherwise had a comfortable afternoon) to make it 2-1. This thankfully was the last of the scoring as the Albion managed to keep the ball and see the game out.

All in all, a good day at the office for the Albion and a good 2 points against a time that will cause others some difficulty in the coming weeks.

Great start to the season! I just hope we get the same score against Frickley.

Has Chad started to give up drinking and going tee-totaller? Only 10 pints on a Saturday night. Did he just go out for last orders?

How about if the Thatched Tavern sponsor a Witton game this season, then the Supporters Team will agree to spend a night in there and put plenty of money behind the bar??

:wink: That was before the Vodka Red Bulls Thatch!

Well done yesterday to all, thought we played some good stuff and should have won by more.

Robbo_ wrote:

Great idea Robbo…I’ll most probably come with you. I’ll mention your idea to the landlord when I see him next (most probably tonight).

Just in case you wern’t aware, I sold the Thatched Tavern last year, and am now retired/unemployed (gis us a job). This is why I can now spend so much time reading your great posts on here. (I kept the email address and my log on ID on here).

I’ve spoken to the Landlord of the The Thatched Tavern, and unfortunately, business (as in all pubs) has not been good enough for him to justify the £300 to sponsor a match. However, he will look into a possible shared sponsorship of a game, or possibly a ball sponorship.

Picko…can you give me details when I next see you of what the various sponsorship deals we have to offer, so that I can pass them on?