Witton Albion v Northwich Victoria 30.01.07

I’m going to get controversial here. I’m so annoyed at the attendence we had against Lincoln that I’ve written to the local rag which is unusual for me. The point is against Rushden there were a lot of familiar faces of whom we’d not seen in a while at Wincham. These are people who have supported the club in the past but now seem to only turn up when we are playing in a high profile game. The real point is that we have a dynamic football management duo, A chairman who is respected, a hardworking legion of people behind the scenes, and a younger element of fans who are vocally supporting the team and keeping it clean. On top of that we are playing awesome, entertaining football with a lad I’ve always rated Griff Jones playing at the top of his game at the moment (but I must stress all the lads are!!). Why then should people deem it necessary to stay away. We are a friendly club, the facilities, (though we don’t have a Tapas bar or Italian restaraunt), are fantastic for a club at our level, and everyone is friendly and you can get a pint in the social club after the match and talk to the players and management staff. I’ve written all this in my letter to the local rag plus the fact you can bring kids along and its perfectly safe with the only danger being that if you are stood behind the opposing teams goal there is a chance of the net being so weakened the ball could well hit you as Witton score their sixth goal!! Its ridiculous that given how we are playing people are still staying away and we all know who some of them are. Lets keep up what we are doing now and go out there and beat Vics tonight and more especially 3 point against Marine on Saturday. If anyone knows a stay away get into them and tell them what they are missing. They can leave the comfort of the armchair on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights from now on!!

When I was a kid (many years ago) beating Vics was always the most important game of the season. As a supporter from afar, there is still no better feekling than getting one over on them. If it has to be in the CSC so be it.

MONA, what is the point in getting annoyed about our attendances,this arguments been goin on for a few seasons and theyre not going to improve until we get out of this league.theres no point writing to the paper,people have been doing that all season and theyve not improved.We would all like higher gates but thats only gonna happen when we go up.Although we get crap gates at home bet weve got one of the best away followings in our league,maybe even conf north with taking roughly 100 away most games,thats something be proud of!

Yox you are an idiot!!

The attendances do matter. And writing to the local rag is worth doing as it raises our profile ever so slightly. There are alot of people who should really be coming down, but who don’t. We need to try anything we can to get these people back through the turnstiles. We all want promotion, but we have to be prepared for the worst as it MAY not happen. So anything people do to try and raise the gates is welcome.

Anyway i’m off to the pub now 8)

I didnt say the attendances didnt matter,course they do,just seems people have been writing to the paper every other week,weve been getting decent results all season and its still not improving the gates!!

whos doing the updates 4 2nite? i am available if needed.