Witton Albion v. Prescot Cables

Finished 1 - 0, now level with Clitheroe on points.

Was awày for the game but pleased with another cracking win well done lads UTA

Apologies for the lack of information before and during the game due to technical issues.

I’ll try and summarise as best as I can.

Team news: Witton make three changes to the starting line-up that beat Ramsbottom United last weekend. Ben Harrison & Sam Billington come in for Lee Jackson and Cameron Fogerty respectively. New signing from Newcastle Town, Ryan Baxter makes his debut whilst fellow new recruits Ben Hough on loan from Ashton United & Liam Kennington on dual-registration from Runcorn Town, start on the bench with Lee Jackson dropping down to the bench. Cameron Fogerty, Kingsley Williams & Connor Hughes are all missing due to injury whilst Harry McGee is suspended. Oliver Putnam is not involved.

Witton team:

Ollie Martin, Mike Koral, Taylor Kennerley, Oliver Hitchcox, Ben Harrison, Sam Billington(Ben Hough 72mins), Prince Haywood, James Lawrie, Ryan Baxter(Liam Kennington 81 mins), Joe Duckworth, Elliott Rokka(Will Igoe 72 mins).

Subs NOT USED: Lee Jackson, Jordan Barrow.

Witton Albion Scorer: James Lawrie(60mins).

Yellow Cards: Prescot Cables - Joel Connolly(67mins), Matty Devine(76 mins).

Attendance: 438.

Upto sixth in the table and only outside the play offs on goal difference.

Highlights of the game are available below.

Though we dominated the first half, playing a lot of nice football, but unfortunately without creating many clear chances.

They came into the game a little more in the second half and Ollie had to make a couple of fantastic saves to ensure we kept a clean sheet.
Our goal was direct from a fantastic corner from Jim Lawrie that their keeper and defenders weren’t able to deal with.

Another win from a tight game, with the added bonus of no apparent new injuries and no red or yellow cards for Witton players.

Watching the highlights of the game, I was HUGELY impressed with the quality of football we are playing.

This squad is getting better and better :+1:

Onwards and upwards! UTA :+1: :soccer: