Witton Albion v. Stalybridge Celtic

Chance for the Albion on 89 minutes but Connor Hughes header goes wide.

Yellow cards:

Stalybridge Celtic’s Scott Wara on 90 +1 minutes.

Stalybridge Celtic’s Joe Edwards on 90 +2 minutes.

Full Time Score from The U Lock It Stadium:

Witton Albion 3 Stalybridge Celtic 0.

Witton climb to fourth in the table.

One of the best performances from Witton this season against a very good team.

We pressed hard to win the ball and put them under a lot of pressure at the back, it was good to see Danny back in goal although he didn’t have much to do.

My M. O M. Fogerty but everyone deserves praise for that fantastic win.

Let’s see if we can stay in the play offs to end of season.

1 Like

Teams around us will now have the chance to catch up as we have played more games than those around us.

Our next scheduled league game is not for two weeks when we travel to Widnes.

We have an open date next Saturday but there is a possibility of us playing our Mid Cheshire Senior Cup Semi Final against either Winsford United or Barnton. They meet in midweek but our game next weekend is still to be confirmed.

Quality today, bossed it and could have had more.

Really impressed. Look strong in all areas with competition for places.

Got an opportunity now let’s go for it.

Excellent today . Can’t fault anyone.

There manager completely lost it which was amusing to watch. He wasn’t happy with the officials which I thought was odd because the ref had a good game.

MOM Cam Fogerty but as of last week could have been a few.

Special mention to the Harrison Lowton partnership at Centre half which is the best I’ve seen in a long time.

Brief highlights from yesterday’s game.

https://fb.watch/p-ffUBTZa1/

Arguably our best performance of the season, with everyone putting a shift in against decent opposition.

Complete contrast with the away game against them earlier in the season!

The video footage shows just how bad the red card challenge on Jim Lawrie was; could easily have broken his leg.

Don’t want to pick a MOM as everyone played well.

The foul for the sending off was absolutely horrendous, could have been a career ender. Quite astonishingly I’ve seen a comment from a 'Bridge supporter saying it was a ridiculous decision :face_with_diagonal_mouth:.

I hope there are some sanctions taken against their player by Stalybridge.

Great result, definitely in with a shout for a play-off spot at the end of the season, but will need to have a hell of a good run from now on.

I’ve spoken to Jim this morning and he said he’s all good but that could’ve been so much worse.

I also listened to Stalybridge Celtic’s manager after the game and he said the best team won and the referee was right with his decision.

Full Highlights of the game.