Witton Away Days - we eat what we want mega thread

This topic is probably doomed to failure but let’s give it a go.

Objective: the greater good. Mission: banter. Vision: to sing we eat what we want at Wembley in the FA Trophy Final at the victorious final whistle (next season obviously).

Did you go to the away game? How many Wittoners were there? What was the food like? Burger or Pie? More importantly, any decent beers? Are you that Witton-mad that you took the train?

Stuff like that.

Won’t be offended by zero replies, Views = love :slight_smile:

Who went to Whitby and did they serve fish & chips?

A large group went to Whitby on Friday afternoon and are due back in Northwich later today.
I was hoping to be one of them but circumstances meant i had to drop out but im sure they will be able to rate the food and beer if they can remember!

I like this thread, the food and beers are important at away games and it’s nice to read comments on the good and the bad.

If Whitby won anything from yesterday it would be the “Best NPL Gravy Award.”

I’m not a fan of gravy, but then again I’m a southerner. Nantwich = fosters tonight…no Tatton Blonde is there? Disgrace.

Nantwich . Beer nothing special and expensive. nice curry sauce though.

The best burger i’ve ever had as a wittoner following us away 30 odd years was at barwell fc about 3 years ago. It was that good it would have put jamie oliver to shame.

How many Albs Gravy Squad were at the game today?

Alty away soon…does the train work on New Years Day?

Yes there are train services on New Year’s Day but not a full service I don’t think. One of the fans was looking at that option a few weeks ago.

Train it is then. Mob handed to Alty!

According to my trainline App there’s a train to Altrincham every hour on new years day.
There’s a few of us going on the 11 30 train

I think some were planning on going earlier than that.

100+ today? Missed a burger due to queuing at wrong snack bar. Cheese and onion pasty was soggy in a bag but turned out alright. Had to have that due to the Alty keeper eating all the meat and potato pies…cottage pie not my thing.

Yes I am aware I am replying to myself. Scarborough: No beer in t stands. 7/0 burger. No chips.

What’s a 7/0 burger?

Good point, it’s shorthand for 7 out of 10 sorry :-).

That’s O.K. I was just worried it meant 7% meat!

Whooo quesy…thank you for helping my indigestion… Barman! 4 more beers!

Qusy