Witton Fans v Runcorn Fans - Sunday 31st August

Be careful not to trip over Nige…

Time u were in bed Robbo

Not waiting for me are you?! :ohmy:

Great game/result.

Final Score

Witton Albion 3 Runcorn Linnets 1

More info to follow

Thanks for a great day lads well enjoyed, another penalty save to add to the collection :wink: Definetly a a must again… for both sides, the pitch was in top nick

Thanks Dazza jB)

Chopper beat 12 players, and blasted it into the top corner for the 3rd goal!

It started a lot less than that, but the number of players goes up every time you speak to him!

Well done boys, great result. Also well done to the Runcorn fans for the part they played in getting the game together.

Nice to see the Robinson/Haspell coaching skills working their wonders!!!

Great effort of raising monies to go back into the club.

Hello,

I was the linesman on the subsitute side of the pitch on Sunday and to be honest, I was disgraced by the attuitude of certain players and mainly the supporters behind me.

Firstly, this was a match for fun. I am 16 years old, I have been qualified for a year and I do not line often, this was my first game since last April, and I tried my best. People failed to realise that I am only young and also human. If you want the best linesman in the country, try and get one off the Premier League panel then you can complain at them, because like me, they would still make mistakes! I apoligise for my horribly late offside call but at the end of the day, it is up to me when I decide he is interfering with play, and he was offside, so by law I did nothing wrong. Apart from that, I can’t remember any major blunders.

I have been a Witton supportter for a couple of years now and even knew some of the fans and to be honest, I can’t believe some are supposed to be adults. I had taunts behind me that I was supposedly “crying to my mummy” and to be honest, if you have nothing better to do than insult people who have given up their sunday morning to help you, especially someone my age, then you need to get a life!

I really enjoy my time whenver I go to Wincham Park, like I did for the 2-0 win tonight, but you made it hard for me to enjoy that day. Thank you to the people who did apprecaite my presence and my effort but its a shame some people think its funny to swear at me from the sidelines.

like you said it was a match of fun mate
i wernt there my self but im afraid u need to loosen up abit
fun includes winding the officails up at times its part off football so in this case you can tell your only 16 grow up

well when ive got adults swearing at me and insulting me behind me, then its hard to loosen up a bit, pretty obvious u wernt there :slight_smile:

dont have to be there
its called part of football mate and as you are a witton fan yourself you must know that the lads that were “swearing” at you meant no harm.

if you didnt want any fans saying nothing to you then you shundt be a linesman

grow up
its part of football

You want to hear what they say about me!! And i organised the bloody game!!

I’m sure that nobody meant any harm, and come and see us on Saturday and we’ll make everyone apolgise. (anyway, you werent going to get an easy ride for your £7 fee i’m afraid!!)

i have 2 say lad if u want a career as a linesman u have to cope with worse than that u just have to keep your head down and get on with it. If u cant take abuse maybe its not the career 4 u. Officials never come on forums like this because the

crewealexfan92 wrote:

[quote]Hello,

I was the linesman on the subsitute side of the pitch on Sunday and to be honest, I was disgraced by the attuitude of certain players and mainly the supporters behind me.

Firstly, this was a match for fun. I am 16 years old, I have been qualified for a year and I do not line often, this was my first game since last April, and I tried my best. People failed to realise that I am only young and also human. If you want the best linesman in the country, try and get one off the Premier League panel then you can complain at them, because like me, they would still make mistakes! I apoligise for my horribly late offside call but at the end of the day, it is up to me when I decide he is interfering with play, and he was offside, so by law I did nothing wrong. Apart from that, I can’t remember any major blunders.

I have been a Witton supportter for a couple of years now and even knew some of the fans and to be honest, I can’t believe some are supposed to be adults. I had taunts behind me that I was supposedly “crying to my mummy” and to be honest, if you have nothing better to do than insult people who have given up their sunday morning to help you, especially someone my age, then you need to get a life!

I really enjoy my time whenver I go to Wincham Park, like I did for the 2-0 win tonight, but you made it hard for me to enjoy that day. Thank you to the people who did apprecaite my presence and my effort but its a shame some people think its funny to swear at me from the sidelines.[/quote]

I was sat behind you, and I thought you got the offside rule spot on, and you didn’t deserve the critisism you got, just because you waited until it was definite that the player involved went after the ball. Unfortunately, many of our fans didn’t treat this game as a friendly, and were pretty fired up. Please don’t take the critisism personally, some of the main attraction of supporting at this level is that you can have a bit of banter with the officials. For your age and experience, you did very well.

I suggest you may need to get a bit thicker skinned, and although we have the RESPECT programme, you will never get rid of the referee and linesmen baiters.

crewealexfan92:

Stu is in training to take over from Eli in the Linesman Baiting dept. of WAFC and thus you did get more than your fair share of “abuse” - he needs the practice!

Yes, we were fired up - all of us that were behind you are part of the supporters team and were frustrated not to be on the pitch playing (we were unavailable for various reasons) - and were desperate for the team to win. There were some VERY late decisions from yourself (no matter what TT says :ohmy: ) and i think this frustrated us more. The rest of the time i thought you had a good game.

We realise that mistakes will be made and you’re only human - i apologise for anything that i may have said that could have caused you offence. I doubt anything anyone said was truly meant to offend you.
But please also realise that no matter where you go and officiate there will be some abuse - there will be games with less abuse but also games where you will be given a hell of a lot more!

Thanks for giving up your time.

Wittonrobbo - i think you need to be a bit more diplomatic with your posts. We all know that Greenie isn’t but that’s because he’s a gobsh!te :laugh:

Dann - Spot on.

crewealexfan - I understand your disappointment that fellow wittoners would hurl abuse at you, but what you have to understand is Sunday was a very big game for us, playing at WP etc, and we took it very seriously.

I have a very clear recollection of you giving me offside AFTER the ball had gone out of play and I’d retrieved it, that’s gratitude for you!! But what you have to understand is when you are playing, most abuse is in the heat of the moment and is nothing personal. I know for a fact that your colleague on the other touchline got a lot more from the players than you did - because he was crap. I knew you were a Wittonoer and toned it down a bit!

I was in a very similar position to you at your age, officiating in pre season games for Vics/Witton/Chester etc, and even had the pleasure of being on the line in the FA Premier Academy League final at Crewe - and I got a lot of stick from 6000 + people that night. It’s bad at the time but comes with the territory.

You will get used to it (and I apologise)

Best of luck in your career.

WittonRobbo you shoud be ashamed to say that swearing at officials is part of the game, it has no part in football and should have no part in society either.

I would like to belatedly thank the two linesmen whom I organised from the Under 17’s, you know, family club, one big happy family from juniors to senior. I was hoping to build links from the Under 17s and the junior section to the supporters team and the club in general as i beleive its something that should be more cohesive.

Believe me the two young lads made less technical mistakes than EVERY player on that pitch.

If you wish to see and witness how much fun being vebally abused is, please get yourself qualified, just like the 2 lads have done to better themselves and the game.

And before anyone starts having a pop back, I referee, I play, I coach and I complain, but I will do it in a manner that is face to face and inside the area of play and within the laws and the spirit of the game.

Again a good day for many is spoilt by a few:(

Moaning old git

Let’s face it the majority of refs and liners are frustrated footballers & thats why they turn to officiating. If the lad wants to carry on he will just have to put that game down to experience and get on with it.

Who knows in a few years time he could be on the end of a real bating experience from the Albion popsiders !

Keep the faith Crewealexfan92

Grazzer10 wrote:

[quote]
And before anyone starts having a pop back, I referee, I play, I coach and I complain, but I will do it in a manner that is face to face and inside the area of play and within the laws and the spirit of the game.

[quote]

While I don’t condone swearing on the terraces, I think no official has the right to complain about the abuse coming from the stands in an arena such as WP. If it was a Sunday League game with no barriers and it could be considered intimidating then that’s a different matter. But paying punters in the stands can say what they want at the end of the day (as long as it’s not against the law)

crewealexfan is well within his rights to feel like he got a rough ride from the players but when it comes to the supporters in the stands, that’s football. Maybe it will work to his advantage that he got a bit of stick now to toughen him up, I got thrown into the deep end at 15/16 reffing open age games on my own!!!