Witton Fans v Runcorn Fans - Sunday 31st August

Witton Albion Supporters FC in conjunction with The Wincham Park Development Fund are pleased to announce that a ‘friendly’ match will take place between the Supporters of Witton Albion and Runcorn Linnets on Sunday 31st August 2008.

The game will be held at Wincham Park, and will kick off at 11am.

Any support from either set of fans would be most appreciated by all involved. There will be the opportunity to make a donation on entry to the ground, the proceeds of which will be split between The Wincham Park Development Fund and Runcorn’s fund to build a new ground.

It is an excellent opportunity to build on the relationship that has been established between the 2 football clubs over the past couple of seasons, and this will hopefully become an annual fixture that will continue to be played long after Runcorn have moved into their new home.

Thanks to Witton for allowing this fixture to take place at Wincham Park, and to Alan Spruce and Neil Wilson for their part in getting the match arranged at such short notice.

***Can i ask those Witton Fans who wish to be considered for this fixture to attend training behind Wincham Park at 7pm on Monday night. Although 90% of the squad is already decided, there is likely to be an opportunity for 1 or 2 others to take part. However, you will be required to participate in at least 1 training session each week between now and the 31st. Thanks.

At least the pitch will be better than Winsford!!!

Let’s hope the Supporters team is better as well - we don’t want another rugby score:laugh:

Now, now!!!

Great idea … look forward to it :laugh:

Anyway “Eli”, I think it’s about time you oldies put your money where your mouth is and challenged us to a game… :slight_smile:

Nodody will insure us !:S

Are we meeting up in the morning at spoons or summit for breakfast:unsure:
might give me and scott chance to wake up before the game haha:P

Second training session tonight at 7pm behind Witton.

The squad for the game will be decided next week.

Preperations for the game are ongoing. Referee and linesmen have been organised, as has a post-match feed!

To cover all costs there will be £5 subs per man.

The squad will be finalised this week hopefully, and then we can start moving forward with the serious preperation.

Training again tonight at 7pm, which will be taken by Grazzer. It should be a pretty decent session tonight, so be prepared to work hard!!

Thanks to everyone who turned up tonight (including Ed Robinson!).

Same again on Wednesday at 7pm.

Squad will be announced at the weekend.

We had our final training session last night before Sunday’s big game. Thanks to all who found the time to attend (especially Grazzer, who should have been ‘celebrating’ his 10th wedding anniversary!!).

I think that we are as ready as we’ll ever be (apart from maybe Neil, who manages to turn up after the hard work has been done at every session, and then sneak off to make a phone call when we try anything that looks like hard work!!).

We’ve added a new Jewish keeper to the squad (welcome to Rabbi Crouch), who looks he’s bringing religion to the Hells Angels with his new hair-cut/beard combination.

It’s great to welcome Ed Robinson into the squad, and as of yet he’s managed not rub anyone up the wrong way…

Anyway, moving on!!

The squad has pretty much been finalised as;
Crouch, Tim Green, Haspell, Wilson, Fallows, Mark Robinson, Scott Carter, Shaun Carter, Blinkhorn, Grassby, Ed Robinson, Blundell, Tom Green, Adam Clarke.

You could sense the excitement and anticipation last night at the thought of running out at Wincham Park next week.

Please try to support the boys if you can.

To just go over the details again; the game is Witton Supporters v Runcorn Supporters. It kicks off at 11am on Sunday 31st August, at Wincham Park. Entry to the game is by donation, the totals of which will be split between the Development Funds of both senior sides.

The Witton lads really have put the effort in over the last few weeks, and although we don’t have the experience of playing as an 11-a-side team week in week out (unlike our opposition), i can assure everyone that there will be 100% effort from all involved.

You only seem to have 3 subs. 5 subs are allowed this season! I spoke to the gaffer on Saturday, and I know he was hoping for a shirt if possible.

I’ll volunteer as matchday secretary, photocoping the team sheet, and faxing to the FA the final score. Let me know how many comps the players need.

If Nige wants to play then he is more than welcome - we have had a couple of people drop out over the last couple of days. Unfortunately i think he has a game for Oaklands.

Gutted that i’m still injured, i’d love to have been in the squad (if selected) :angry:

Squad has been revised as;
Crouch, Tim Green, Haspell, Wilson, Mark Robinson, Scott Carter, Shaun Carter (brother of Scott), Blinkhorn, Grassby, Ed Robinson (no relation!), Blundell, Chesworth, Tom Green (no relation to Tim!), Adam Clarke, Matt Clarke (brother of Adam).

We have Eli manning the gate, and Phil Chad manning the tannoy - cheers guys!

Drew is producing a brief match program for the day - cheers Bionic Drew.

The squad needs to be at WP for 10am please. Pete Riley will be opening up for us - cheers Pete!

We have food laid on after the game, so to cover this and the referee’s fee etc then i need £5 on the day off each member of the squad - cheers guys.

A few of us will be in McDonalds from 9am for a light breakfast, would be good to get as many of the squad in there as possible, before all heading down to the ground togther. (nowhere else seems to open before 10am on Sundays!)

Finally, i would just like to thank Adam Clarke’s mum for sponsoring the game for us through her shop, The Cake Den (if you like cakes, then seek her out on Sunday…). She will be selecting a man of the match for each team and helping present this in the bar after the game. Thanks again Mrs Clarke!! (can you teach your son where the goals are before Sunday too please?!)

Obviously, any support from fellow Wittoners will be greatly appreciated. For us lads to play at Wincham Park is fantastic, so please come down and make the day even better for us. The game kicks off at 11am (and probably every 10 minutes after that…!!) Thanks.

And apparently Runcorn are bringing 100+ (i know, that’s more than the 1st team get :wink: ) so lets make sure they remember it’s OUR ground and get plenty of Wittoners down - we can’t be outnumbered by the Runcorn boys!!

They’ve already asked for the Home changing rooms; Wincham Park - Home Of WITTON ALBION!!!

:wink:

Latest News - Witton are hoping to have a ‘big presence’ in the middle of the park…

Golden Goal set up for tomorrow. Will be coming into the changing rooms to sell some.:cheer: