WITTON  2  V  1  PRESCOTT

Outplayed in the first half , but went in 2-0 up. Second half , 11 players turned out but 10 left there footballing skills in the dressing room.<br><br> M-O-M Worsnop , outstanding

Outplayed first half Your Joking ?;D ;D ;D<br>Second half crap yes but look at all the missing players.<br>MOM Worsnop ? 2nd Pritchard

thats not how I saw the 1st half either!<br>second half disappointing and Prescot did 10times as much as Lincoln did on Saturday!<br>Worsnop - yep got us the 3 points.<br><br>The team that struggled for the last 30mins however we must remember is not really a true reflection of the team. 2 strikers and a centra half don’t make a decent midfield for me!(that is not a dig-injuries can’t be helped)<br>Saturday could be good - up to 7th I believe fater 10 games and in touch with he leaders. In my book I’d say we are now certainly challenging!

6th we are and Adam Warlow now tops the UniBond scoring charts.<br><br>Tremendous contest - football played not that clever and good to see Stanners back playing at W.P. - although sadly not in the Red & White. He nearly wrote his own script in stoppage time but denied by keeper and the post.<br><br>Agree that Jon (Spider) Worsnop was truly tremendous.<br><br>More injuries though to the midfield contingent before Saturday’s vital FA Cup match.<br>

Who scored last night?

Adam Warlow got both (I think - I was out retrieving a ball when the second goal went in!!)<br><br>The second half was a bit like the Alamo and I haven’t been that nervous for ages at the end of a game, but all the guys on the pitch gave their all and deserved the applause at the end of the game.<br><br>Lets be realistic though - With Jones, Brown, Connors, Foy out of the team injured we are really struggling for mid field players!! Precott played really well and will count themselves unlucky not to get something from the game. That said it happens to us often enough so lets just take the 3 points and be grateful for once.<br><br><br>

Last 20 minutes felt like a cup-tie!! I couldn’t watch at times!!<br>These are the results that could well be the deciding factor when the season ends. Winning home games that perhaps we should of drawn shows real character in the team. And yes, without any recognised midfield players for the last 30 minutes, we do have to put the performance into perspective.<br><br>Well done jonny Worsnop, i don’t know why he can’t play like that every week!!<br><br>Another ground out result on saturday will do, then once we get a full team out, we can start playing the football again.<br><br>PS - i thought we were quite good in the first half!!

A win is a win is a win!<br><br>As per previous comments, how many times have we outplayed teams, created tons of chances and still dropped points?<br><br>Injuries are an absolute nightmare at the moment. The way its going we will need a squad of 25!!!<br><br>Roll on Saturday!<br>

UniBond Premier Division - Tuesday September 26th 2006<br><br>Witton Albion 2 Prescot Cables 1 215<br><br>Team: Worsnop; Brownhill, Pritchard, Barras, Hockenhull; Whalley (Frost 78), Connors (Brown Alistair 15), Spearritt, Peers (Moseley 66); Warlow, Sanasay.<br><br>Man of Match: Worsnop (Crucial 2nd half saves) n/b Warlow<br><br>Team Rating 3 Match Rating 4<br><br>Albion went in at half-time having seconds before opened up a two goal cushion as well as seeing the visitors key central defender Karl Bell limp out of the contest. So no problem then for the rest of the match ? Wrong! Cables came out fighting, immediately brought on their other two substitutes veterans Jon Paul Stanhope and ex Albion favourite John Stannard and gave the whole Witton contingent a torrid and nail biting experience for all but ten minutes of the second half.<br><br>Jim Vince was again left totally frustrated with injuries to two more of his mid-field players, to add to the list of Alex Brown, Mark Jones and Tristran Hendricks. Steve Connors, who?d required treatment minutes into the match for a head injury, was forced to leave the field after just ten minutes following a collision with Tony Barras left him with a broken nose. Midway through the second period it was Mark Peers, who?d gone down ten minutes previous, this time saw his leg give way again and was piggy-backed off by Barras. Thus Albion were forced to play two strikers and a central defender in mid-field berths and Cables came oh so close to stopping Witton notch up their first NPL win over them at the seventh time of asking. <br><br>On 10 minutes the first telling move of the match saw Shaun Whalley sprint up the right before putting in a low and dangerous cross that Adam Warlow just failed to apply the finishing touch to. Six minutes later and a foolish bit of defending at the other end with players stopping as Gary Jenson was offside but allowing the ball carrier Dean Thurston to take full advantage to run through and it needed an improvised save from Jon Worsnop with his leg before falling on the ball to deny Thurston. Whalley again unlocked the defence this time his cross being partially cleared with Kevin Sanasay?s follow up shot missing the target.<br><br>On 28 minutes came the vital break-through, a threaded pass from permanent substitute Alistair Brown, who was having his longest match stint of the season., found its way to Peers who in turn took a few paces before crossing to the far left post. ADAM WARLOW, with still a lot to do as keeper Ryan McMahon loomed large in front of him, exquisitely clipped the ball home.<br><br>In the first minute of the additional 5 minutes added Worsnop pulled off a tremendous double save to deny the highly impressive Mark Duffy an equaliser, the ball was released to Brown who quickly picked Warlow out just inside the Prescot half. Away went the on-loan striker with two defenders in hot pursuit, as McMahon came to narrow the angle WARLOW confidently planted the ball past the keeper to notch up his 10th goal from 10 matches and thus move to the top of the UniBond League scoring charts.<br><br>On the hour mark a great ball in from Darren Hockenhull to Peers whose snap shot was clutched at the second attempt by McMahon, reminiscent of Albion?s 2nd goal the ball was quickly released for Cables to produce an effort that looked at first to have been cleared safely, however 36 year old Karl Connolly had different ideas and let fly from 35 yards out with the ball arrowing home to the right of Worsnop. The next minute almost saw Duffy bring the scores level when his 25 yard free-kick produced a fingertip save from the home keeper. Worsnop then on 73 minutes thwarted Anthony Bowden?s whose terrific shot produced an equally impressive full length dive to push the ball out for a corner kick.<br><br>A rare opportunity for Witton came with ten minutes remaining but Warlow missed out on his hat-trick sending the ball over the cross-bar. Warlow again went close three minutes from time with a diving header following a good move involving Carl Frost and Sanasay. <br><br>Still Cables wouldn?t lie down and this time with four additional minutes before the final whistle Stannard wriggled through, struck a goal bound shot that somehow Warlow got enough on to push the ball onto the post and out for a corner. The kick was floated in, only partially cleared and Worsnop somehow managed to bend down quickly and flick the ball off the line. <br><br>So Albion quickly got back to winning ways but how many of their squad will be available for Saturday?s crucial F.A. Cup tie is anyone?s guess. One thing for sure Emma Griffin and Dr Anthwal are going to be busy over the next couple of days. <br>