Witton Res v Poynton Sat 10th Sept 3pm

The reserves are at home again tomorrow Staurday 10th September with a 3pm kick off against Poynton.<br>For anyone that missed the game on Wednesday it was a very good game against Crosfields you provided us with good football and were a very well organised side, But the lades battled hard and ended up sharing the points at 0-0<br>Still unbeaten after 6 games and are 3rd in the league<br>So anyone not travelling up to Kendal, come and support the lads<br>?3 admission with a free raffle ticket for a bottle of wine with every paying person<br>Under 17’s free<br>The club and bar will be open at half time for refreshments<br>See you there<br>And at full time also

The reserves suffered their first loss of the season, they will be the first to admit this was a poor performance. They lost 1-0 to Poynten, perhaps it was a game to soon after Wednesday nights heroics, still i am sure Jim will rally the troops for next week. The lads where gutted after the game and i am sure they will not want to experience that feeling many times this season. We will still be on the terraces next week to support them.<br><br>Jim

A very disappointing result today, we lost 1-0<br>The day started off badly, as the referee wanted to cancel the match, because the pitch had not been cut and mainly because the pitch had not been marked out and he couldn’t see the lines<br>This was not a very nice situation for Jim and myself to be in, I am now wondering whether the club wants a reserve team, as I have given various people at the club dates of our home fixtures and I was assured(wrongly it seems) that the pitch would be ready for us just as it is for the 1st team<br>We do not possess any keys for access to the place where the equipment is kept<br>It was only thanks to Gordon Knop(Who was going out) to come down and get us the line marking equipment out and Jim Walker(One the players dad) did a quick job for us<br>Thank you Jim for your help, he also does the turnstile for us<br>The actual game was a non starter as our team were terrible and did never really get into the game, They were told in no uncertain terms that this sort of performance will not do, especially as they should be fighting to get into the 1st team, which should be their main objective<br>The dressing room was not a place to be at the end of the match<br>Winner of the raffle was a Mr Colin Jump