Witton Supporters v Runcorn Supporters

Currently looking to arrange a game against the Runcorn lads, hoping to make it an annual fixture to retain the realtionship built up whilst they have been groundsharing with us.

Don’t have a definate date yet, but i will be liasing with the chairman shortly to see when WP is available.

Pritch has also said he will take us for a training session before the game.

I just need to know what sort of interest we have, so can you let me know if you want to be involved.

Cheers.

About the best I could manage nowadays is the position of a corner flag and a fat one at that!! Best of luck Robbo, I hope you get lots of support for your endeavour.
WHS.

If it is going to be an annual event why not organise the annual fundraising walk same day with away supporters walking.We could call it “BP Ramble” after the big and ugly “special one”.

Ideally it would be great to do it around the same time each year, we had hoped to play it at Runcorn’s new ground a few days before or after the 2 senior teams played, but we have to rely on when the clubs can let us use the pitch at either ground.

That is no problem.As long as there is 1 or 2 weeks’ notice the walk can be arranged.

I might even donate a cup if the walk takes place for Club funds each year. Home supporters could just walk to the ground instead of using their cars.
WHS.

robbo put me down mate

Robbo, Chris And Stuart are available if required and the date is ok.

Will dust off the boots if needed

Yeah, I’m up for it. If i get more than 10 seconds this time…

Dann wrote:

12…

The funniness is killing me… Isn’t Eastenders on?

I’m going to wait for the DVD boxset to be released.

Supporters Game provisionally booked in for Sunday 5th September @ 6pm.

Should hopefully have some info on a training session with Pritch once he knows his work rota.

Training with Pritch provisionally arranged for Tuesday 31st August, 7pm at WP.

Need boots and trainers apparently.

BIG game this Sunday, 6pm kick off at Wincham Park.

We are playing for the trophy they beat us for last year, so it’s important we make home advantage count!!

Meet at Witton at 5pm, for 6pm kick off. Cheers.

Final Score yesterday :

Witton Albion Supporters 7 (SEVEN) v 5 Runcorn Linnets Supporters.

Witton Team :

Crouch
Bond
S Jump
C Jump
Tim Green
Scott Carter
Deeley
Grassby
Shaun Carter
A Clarke (c)
A Chadwick

Subs :

M Robinson
Haspell
Alder
Sneyd

Goals :

Shaun Carter 4 (FOUR)
Drew Haspell
Tom Sneyd
Stu Jump

MOM :

Shaun Carter (hard not to be after scoring 3 and a half goals…)

Next Best :

Nigel Deeley (pulling the strings from midfield)

Despite Witton starting the stronger, Runcorn took an early lead when a cross from the right wing was expertly turned home by their centre forward.

This was followed by a sloppy period of play from Witton, and it looked as though Runcorn may add to their lead.

However, after the Linnets keeper allowed an Adam Clarke shot to squirm under his body for a corner, he was left further red-faced when he could only turn Shaun Carter’s near-post delivery into his own goal to put Witton back on level terms!

Witton now began to dominate, with Adam Clarke springing the Runcorn offside trap time and time again (it must be that explosive turn of pace…!!!). One such run allowed Clarke a free run on the keeper, who was quick off his line to force the Witton man wide (although to be fair, he is wide enough already!). However, Clarke showed excellent composure to unselfishly square the ball for Carter to put Witton into the lead.

It wasn’t long before Runcorn were back on level terms, as a loose back pass from Grassby was intercepted by the Linnets, allowing them to equalise.

There were 2 further goals for Carter before half time, but to be honest i can’t remember them!

I do however remember Runcorn’s 3rd…as a delivery came over from the right side, Crouch gave a huge shout of ‘KEEPERS’, before totally missing the cross and allowing Runcorn an easy tap in.

4 - 3 at Half Time.

The second half saw Deeley begin to totally dominate the midfield areas, and it was Nige’s excellent through ball that allowed Shaun Carter to get his 4th goal.

There were also goals for Tom Sneyd and Drew ‘one touch, one goal’ Haspell, with Drew chesting the ball into an unguarded net, after the keeper had tipped a rasping shot onto the cross bar (it’s all about timing!).

Although Runcorn did manage to pull another 2 goals back, there was only ever going to be one winner now - and Witton were even able to afford the luxury of missing a late penalty. Although it was an excellent save by the keeper if truth be known. And he did move early, so it should really have been a re-take. And the game was already won, so it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway…thanks to Witton for allowing us use of the pitch. Thanks to Des, Sprucey, and Pete Riley for letting us in, hanging up the kit, and locking up after us. Thanks to Helen Carter for washing the kit. Thanks to the Ref and linesmen for taking part (all are linked to Witton U15s, so that was excellent - thanks to GE for arranging this). Thanks to everybody who came down to watch. Thanks to the Runcorn lads. And of course thanks to all of the Witton lads who turned out again and played the game in the right spirit.

And a final thanks to Pritch for an excellent training session last week. But perhaps next time we can practise a few penalties…

Really enjoyed the game, Witton by far the better team. If it wasn’t for their No 9, who had played for the first team in a friendly match, it would have been 7-1.

Cheers Robbo for a great night last night. Only thing missing was some beers in town for Tims birthday (soz, couldnt make it)

Me and Tom really enjoyed the whole thing, although he refused to to sort out my groin for me afterwards !!

Hope your heart has calmed down now (I’d like to say I probably gave you a few grey hairs but …)

“Bondy, get back here… Bondy, STAY”

If you dont make it as a Professional Football Manager you could always turn to dog training - Cesar the dog whisperer is looking for an apprentice. he he

Thanks again to all involved.

PS: Can you order me a top and I’ll drop a deposit round to your house, just let me know how much you need