Witton Supporters Vs Runcorn Supporters May 10th

A third game has been arranged between the two supporters teams for May 10th.

We will be commencing training sessions/get togethers on Monday evenings starting this evening at 6.30 p.m. on the training pitch at the back of WP.

All welcome to come down.

Just to add - the game will be played at Runcorn’s new ground and there will be a bucket collection for H4H on the day.

Will there be a sponsored walk to Runcorn to help the funds for H4H ?

For those not travelling to Durham on Monday…

Training behind Witton at 6pm tomorrow.

Anybody who fancies a kick about without wanting to play in the supporters game is welcome to come down.

Thanks to Pritch for taking us for training last night - an excellent sessions.

Also thanks to those that took the time to take part in our last training session before the game.

Runcorn Supporters v Witton Albion Supporters

Tuesday 10th May @ 7.30pm.

To be played at Runcorn linnets ground.

Can our players please arrive for 6.30pm, andybody wishing to come across and support us would be gratefully received!

There is a trophy for the winner.

Went to watch the Supporters team take on Runcorn Linnets last night. I thought the lads performed well and certainly gave Linnets a good game, created more chances than their hosts but weren’t able to take them and ended up beaten by the only goal. Talking with Andy Chad after the game, he was saying that Runcorn Supporters team do play regularly so we acquitted ourselves very well but were maybe short of match practice.

Cheers Wheels.

Yeah, we lost 1 nil to a first half goal. Crouchy had made a very good save prior to that.

Missing Nige Deeley, we struggled to keep the ball, and as a result were a little over-run at times in midfield.

Second half i think we were much more composed, and looked very threatening.

Last 10 minutes we understandably went a little gung-ho, but despite Grazzer’s best efforts we just couldn’t snatch an equaliser.

Chris Jump got MoM for us.

The game was slightly marred by a nasty head injury to Stu Jump. He ended up going to Leighton for 5 stitches, and is ok now. I loved his “Let me go back on, i’m Terry Butcher” attitude!! “I promise i wont head it!”.

Hopefully arrange the return fixture for August/September.