witton v camill laird

i hope jimmy plays as close to a full strength team as poss 2nite. its an inportant trophy to win with local pride at stake and probably our best chance of winning a trophy this season. are we to have updates on the site for those who cannot attend.

I hope we put a full strength side out - I do worry a little as to what strength that will be after Saturday and the crewe lads missing.<br><br>Updates will be provided by Derek via my text msgs!<br>Derek i’ll text you any changes, otherwise assume it is the same!

lloyd will be more missed than maynard

I was considering the kind of midfield we could have with connors, lloyd and mcguire in it as Ness is returning I think.<br>Can’t see us being that strong tonight but when other lads have come in they have done excellently Hyde away springs to mind!<br>

I’d rather be testing the size of our squad in the cheshire senior cup than the league though!

Witton team:<br><br>Kennedy, Hughes, Ness, Pritchard, Spearritt, Peers, King, Griff Jones, Moseley, Butterworth, Brownhill.<br><br>Subs: Leon Williams, Chris Phieffer, Parkinson.

Latest Score: WITTON 1 CAMMELL LAIRD 0.<br><br>Liam Brownhill from an excellent Mark Peers cross.

Good Good. This is better than revising.

Half Time Score: WITTON 1 CAMMELL LAIRD 0.<br><br>Attendance: 213.

Full Time Score: WITTON 1 CAMMELL LAIRD 0.<br><br>Stalybridge in the final they beat Crewe 1 - 0.

Not sure how we managed to win tonight to be honest, they were all over us for the last hour of the game! We’ll take it though. Just goes to show how important Pritch, Spearrit, and Kennedy are to the team. <br><br>Just a moan about the ref, awful!

So its back to Altrincham for the final, hope the streaker doesn’t appear again, for pritch’s sake

Yep not a classsic but if you take those 4 players out of the side then it is certainly testing the strength of the squad!<br>Also I expect Lairds are a better team than people will give them credit for, they looked streets better than Prescot to me anyway!<br><br>How many times however have we had 80% possession and yet created nothing? We did also hit the post twice remember which is closer than they ever came.<br><br>A final to look forward to anyway and a promotion push - could be an exciting few months!<br><br>See you Saturday when we could out number the home fans!

Presumably the ref got a new whistle and set of cards for christmas and just had to use them.