Witton v Clitheroe

Thanks to eveyone for the updates. A big help for those of us 150 miles away!<br><br>Bill

Anyone notice that Burscough lost to Radcliffe last night? Now we have games in hand on everyone around us…

Hey, Bill … for 150 read 1619 this week and 3792 next week! Now that’s what I call watching from afar!<br><br>But seriously, remote fans, where-ever we are really do appreciate the service - so keep the updates coming please.

Fantastic performance last night, thought we allowed them to get back into it last 20 minutes though :P<br><br>The way we play I always expect us to score goals, but EIGHT was definitely a bonus!<br><br>To the people who couldn’t make the game you missed a cracking performance, and why not make a contribution to our fundraising efforts in lieu of absence?

Soz for the slightly L8 delay with this but couldn’t quite get my keyboard to write the number 8, seems to be slightly worn out somewhat - can’t for the life of me think why ;D<br><br><br>UniBond League Cup 2nd Round ? Tuesday November 28th 2006<br><br>WITTON ALBION 8 CLITHEROE 1 att 135<br><br>TEAM: Kennedy: Spearritt (Hockenhull H/T), Pritchard, Barras, Brownhill; Gahgan, Lloyd, Connors (Alex Brown H/T), Peers; Moseley (Warlow 57), Jones G. <br><br>Team Rating FIVE Man of Match Chris Gahgan n/b Griff Jones<br><br>Albion equalled their best ever Wincham Park result (8-1 v Colwyn Bay Presidents Cup 1994) with a truly scintillating attacking performance against a shell-shocked Clitheroe side, still reeling after losing both 1-10 and their manager in the three days prior.<br><br>But for the apparent leniency shown by Wirral based referee Andrew Hutchinson a double figure reverse was possibly averted, the official failed to punish either of the two challenges in the penalty area on Rob Lloyd and Mike Moseley in the 37th minute and then when Alex Brown was upended in the 66th minute only awarded a free-kick when the tackle was clearly in the area.<br><br>For all that though credit to the pluck of the visitors who had former Albion striker Craig Sargeson amongst their ranks. They did strive to get forward and eventually James Dean scored a very good consolation goal for them, similar to what he?d done at Kettering, in the 78th minute. By then though Witton had scored all their eight! Choruses of ?8-0 to the Albion? ringing out ? Sounds familiar? <br><br>THE GOALS:<br><br>(3 minutes) - Liam Brownhill, (who?d carried his daughter Ella, mascot for the day onto the field) quickly showed skill when slotting the ball through for Rob Lloyd who in turn crossed to the right whereupon CHRIS GAHGAN drew keeper Paul Horridge before slipping the ball under him.<br><br>(18) ? Following some awful challenges Gahgan?s cross-field ball was collected by LIAM BROWNHILL, who cut in from the by-line before drilling the ball behind the keeper.<br><br>(26) ? Another beautiful move culminated when Tom Spearritt floated the ball in from wide right for MIKE MOSELEY who glanced his header into the top left corner to take him to 12 for the season.<br><br>(32) ? Moseley felled by Jamie Nay ? lucky that no 2nd yellow card issued ? CHRIS GAHGAN, the latest to be given the responsibility, fairly thumped the resultant spot-kick home.<br><br>(47) ? Horridge had pulled off a good full length catch but was immediately let down when a fellow defender?s attempted back-pass was misdirected and GRIFF JONES, enjoying a start, calmly rounded the keeper to net.<br><br>(53) ? Yet another good passing move and when Gahgan found MARK PEERS he became the third Albion player to reach double figures when he fired his shot into the far corner.<br><br>(56) ? GRIFF JONES again showed what a good striker he was when he turned in the box before clipping the ball past Horridge.<br><br>(73) ? Again Gahgan provided the perfect ball, this time high across from the right leaving ADAM WARLOW the fairly simple task of heading home to put him level with Moseley for the season.<br><br>Other scoring chances were spurned by Lloyd, Peers, Jones and Warlow with the responses from behind the goal of ?How wide do you want the goals?? being met by the ?offenders? with polite applause!! <br><br><br><br>

Johnny, we had actually scored from the spot this season prior to last night.<br><br>Kevin Sanasay scored with a penalty against Tranmere when we won 5 - 1 in the Cheshire Senior Cup.

Dean Crowe also, against Barnton. Hope Chris doesn’t move on now!

Yes sorry Chad, I’d forgotten about Dean Crowe.

sorry lads, I stand corrected… got lost in excitement :stuck_out_tongue: