Witton v Farsley

Well noboby has made a comment on todays game so thought I would. finished 2-2 I enjoyed the game today both teams playing attacking football, thought the first half was pretty even and in my opinion we shaded the second half. We lost Stanard to injury halfway through the first half and if took us until half time to adjust which left us exposed down our right which led to both their goals. Thought the ref had a bad game too made some very poor decisions especially the very poor challenge on Adam Foy which took him out of the game too. Overall I was pleased playing against the form team in the league we more than matched them with the type of football the crowd want, another step in the right direction.

Yes, not the best game ever but quite entertaining, a good Albion performance and the team went forward at every opportunity without often getting the final ball right. Farsley were fairly "robust" and could play a bit too when given an opportunity. As it was they scored two fairly soft goals but what do we expect when the management are now sending a team out to try and score goals. Either team could have claimed the three points but in the end I’d much prefer 2-2 than 0-0.<br><br>As for the ref, well ??? :-X not a great performance…

i thought the chant about the ref being a "bank official" was quite apt. . ::slight_smile:

Much better performance. I thought it was actually an excellent game of football.<br><br>We’re playing much more attacking football now as has been shown in the number of chances we’re creating. We hit the woodwork twice yesterday, and had a shot from (I think!) Ste Connors that went agonisingly centimetres past the post in the second half!<br><br>Saying that, Farsley did have ex-Newcastle United Carl Serrant playing in defence (No. 5) I think and they looked a very good team so I think credit should be given for the number of chances we created. <br><br>I also thought that Jordan King and Ryan Baker had much better games yesterday; them and Ste Connors put some great balls through to Mike M and Yatesy, and these passes seem to increase in number each week as the understanding develops. Let’s hope we can soon capitalise on this.<br><br>A good point; I was nervous towards the end that we might lose the game as Farsley put pressure on, but we easily deserved the point, if not more purely from the number of chances we created compared to Farsley.<br><br>Incidently, their goals came from defensive errors which are likely to be due to us attacking more and going forward in numbers. A compromise I think we may have to live with.<br><br>Well, all aboard the fun bus to Blyth on Saturday!!<br><br> [smiley=banane.gif]<br><br> [smiley=happydance.gif]<br><br>