witton v northwich

I must have mellowed in my old age or I would have bent that referee’s ear after the match, I got in trouble once for that and the referee wasn’t as bad as this guy. Its the third time this season he has been in charge and is consistently bad. One or two officials from the Cheshire FA sneeked off on Tuesday clearly unhappy about his performance. Lets hope the message gets back

Have to agree, the ref was awful. I have a confession to make, I went to the Vics ground on Wednesday, something I said I would never do. But in my defence it was for a good cause, to support Mid-Cheshire Boys against Nottingham Boys in the Quarter Final of the English Schools Cup. They had the same thing happen to them as happened to Witton the night before, the played the opposition off the park for most of the game and still lost, like us, no luck. I have to say, and it pains me to do so, but the set up there is excellent, we should buy it when Mr. Connett gets fed up, as he will quite soon in my opinion.
Prior engagemant on Saturday, but I will be back the following week, if we win on Saturday, which of course we will, I will start coming to more away games Phil. As for forcasts, I reckon with 18 games to go we will drop just 2 points at Hednesford and win the rest, winning the title by 6 clear points. Okay, I have had a drink and I am down with the flu, but I do believe this team can complete the rest of the season unbeaten, including the two cups!!!
WHS>

WHS I agree with most of what you are saying and don’t worry about having to go to the Victoria Stadium , it was a good cause but just as long as you walked through a trough of disinfectant afterwards!! While realising that you are probably joking here about buying their ground, if this became reality I would not be happy simply because its in the wrong place. We need a ground not so far from the centre of town. Its ok having fancy restaraunts and what Mr Connett has done is really very nice but I’m sure I would not really want to have a nice meal overlooking some concrete silos. It also caters for the wrong market because your average non league punter has not got that kind of money to spend and if he had would want to go to somewhere a little bit more atmospheric or olde worlde in the country perhaps. I think our little club is ok and the lower key things we have their like a group, discos, Race nights and so on are the way to go but it does need to raise more money somehow. The more gourmet you get the greater the cost which I think puts people off. The thing that really lets our club down is that its not easy to get to via walking or methods other than driving and the fact its not open sometimes when it could be. I’m not complaining though and I know you think the same as me in that you’d rather support a club where you have some say rather than a club where you have a chance of getting banned for expressing your views. I’ll have to shout twice as loud tomorrow if your’e not there but hope you’ll be able to keep a regular eye on the score. Cheers

You are probably right about the position of both grounds, however if we do move perhaps we can pinch some of the Vics ground and take it with us, they won’t be needing it in the North West Counties League when Mr. Connett dumps them. They could always play on the enclosed pitch at Moss Farm!!!
WHS.