Witton vs Gateshead

You will all soon have answers to the keeper issue as JK has signed for the rest of the season, name me a player on the field who does not make a mistake over 90 mins but let a keeper make one and everybody has a go attack, mid field and defence all get away with thier errors, The keeper has no room for error he should be rembered for his contributions as well remember he will be reading this and then has to put his kit on and perform. !!!

Well said Jimmy. <br>I play goleleeper my self and the ball has to travel through the 10 out field players before getting to the keeper and i like Jon Worsnop. <br>All the best for Brett hope he succeeds at Chorley.

Whats a goleleeper Crouchy??? :wink:

Thats called coming in off nights Yox and not careing bout spelling bud.<br> 8) :wink:

The signing of Jon Kennedy is inspired, he was the safest keeper we have had at Witton in years. We may not now be looking at the play-offs but at actually winning the league.<br>WHS

Don’t really agree with all this ‘for a goal to be scored the ball has to pass the 10 outfield players’ nonsense really. The keeper is your last line of defense, the idea of having one is that from time to time there is nothing the 10 outfielders can do to prevent a goalscoring opportunity. For example, against Guisley it was keeper’s ball every step of the way and nothing the defense could do but it still ended up in the net. At Grantham Worsnop called for Pritch to leave it, but then didn’t claim the ball himself. And then on saturday Worsnop was unchallenged, again no resposibility to the 10 outfield players.<br><br>I don’t disagree that he’s a decent keeper, because he clearly is. However, a keeper is judged on how many mistakes they make, that is part and parcel of the job. David Seaman was without doubt as good as anything in the Premiership for well over a decade, but he’ll be remembered for the unlucky goal he conceded against brazil. David James is a great shot stopper, but for the odd mistake he’ll always be known as calamity james.<br><br>The fact is that a striker can miss chance after chance for 90 minutes, and then score a last minute winner and be a hero. A keeper can make save after save for 90 minutes, and then drop a last minute clanger and be the villain. But thats just the way it is, and always will be.<br><br>JK is a brilliant keeper to have at this level. I feel that with JK behind them the defense will be more confident, and this will allow the midfielfd to push a bit further up the pitch. I really think theis is the signing that can push us on for promotion now.<br><br>Thanks to Jon Worsnop for all the saves he made, and i hope we see him between the sticks again next season if not before. He seems like a great guy.

;DHave to disagree with you Robbo- Seaman will always be remembered by me for-‘Nayim from the arf way line’ ;D