Witton vs Leek

Also noone has mentioned No Peers No Moseley No Connors yesterday!<br><br>3 massive players missing.

I mentioned no Connors, that is why I felt we should have not been playing two wingers at Woodley or on Saturday, with Connors back it might well work, but even then the wingers have to do some tackling back. My disappointment was not so much the loss of points but that the defeat will cost us fans and therefore money at the next home game, money we badly need to keep this team together.<br>WHS

I agree with Andy yeah we were beat big deal we set our sights now on the next game and forget the season of good will (christmas) and go on to a new year new start and see how long we go underfeated again big games to come remember Hednesford and Telford these games we need big games. <br>Hope to see a big following to Fleetwood because the boys need us big time to get them going again.<br>It hurts last minute goals look at the teams we done it to.<br>So see you all at Fleetwood and if i dont see you there all the best for the new year.

is there a dvd on the game because i saw cameras filming the game

I agree we should forget the Leek game and hope it was just a "blip". The trouble is that dozens of returning supporters on Boxing Day will now not come back until we get back on a winning run again, and let’s be realistic, beating Conference sides is not going to be easy, even poor ones like Rushden and Vics. If we lose those two games money will be tight for the rest of the season.<br>WHS.

If you want a copy you can email me and we can sort it out through the club shop at our end - <br><br>Full match is ?10 <br>Highlights ?5<br><br>For albion fans these will soon be available through the new websites club shop.

A good time for true wittoners to show their worth and donate, after a blip it is always harder to contribute so either donate cash on saturday or use the paypal account and lets show the team we are behind them 100% even after a setback

Good luck to Leek, they rode their luck and increased their efforts and were rewarded with the points.<br><br>And whilst it really is disappointing to lose because we all desperately want our team to do well there is something we can learn from Leek’s attitude. <br><br>With some errors on our side and some fantastic saves from the LTFC keeper to keep them in the game we contrived to lose our way and lose this game. But games like this happen and we have to dust ourselves down - and move on. There will be many more roller coaster days before this season is over and we just have to keep on fighting our corner. If we let heads go down (on and off the pitch) we may as well throw in the towel. So - off to Fleetwood and lets hope the wind and rain doesn’t ruin the match.<br><br>Come on the Albs!! <br>

The key factor of Tuesday’s result was that Leek wanted it more - they came here for a scrap and we didn’t battle. There were individual blunders that cost us and these were a one off, one defeat does not make a good side a bad one, it is the reaction to the result that is now important.<br><br>Connors gives us the fight (and distribution) that was missing against Leek and he has to come straight back into the side, Griff has been great over recent weeks but must be second in selection to Mike ‘Mind me toe’ Moseley. We have used our width of play to great results over the recent months and much of this is down to Peers, with him on the left and Gagh’s on the right we have stretched teams. These 3 missing has cost us, but it is only one result.<br><br>With silly cup games ahead it is important to get a win at Fleetwood to push us back up to the play-off places. The next 4 or 5 weeks will make or break the season in my opinon, hopefully we will come through the Bamber, Rushden and N******* games without picking up any injuries - the results of the above are of less importance to the Lincoln, Kendal and Marine games towards the end of the month. The Fleetwood game is our last league match for 3 weeks and therefore we are likely to build up even more ‘games in hand’.<br><br>See you all at the ‘codheads’ on Saturday.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

The Leek game was a disaster waiting to happen. For some inexplicable reason Leek always manage to do us at home and I had a feeling that they would bring us back down to earth. The truth of the matter is that we rode our luck a little in the Woodley and Winsford games but showed character to win those games. The Leek game was highlighted by individual errors which cost us the game but we should have been so far ahead that it should n’t have mattered. <br> Those people who say the wingers don’t work defensively are right they must tuck in and help out when we have n’t got the ball. Sean Miller looks a good player but has not really settled in to a role in the team yet whereas Peersie is used to playing here. Unfortunately playing Alex and Rob does not work. They are both excellent players but we need some steel in there to win the ball. I don’t think there is anybody in the club with the Grimshaw like strength to do that job for us in midfield. Stevie Connors is the nearest but unfortunately as we’ve seen recently with the ban gets too many needless bookings! I believe if we had someone like Fleetwood’s no 6 we would win this league. He gets fouled and kicked but gets up and carries on. He is also very physical and wins balls in midfield and in the air yet knows his limitations and just passes the ball 5 or ten yard to the more skilful players in the team. I’m probably nitpicking here but footie is all about opinions. I believe we still have a very good team it just needs enhancing with one player with great physical strength in our midfield area but not a defender as we’ve tried with Tom already this season. JK your still the best goalie in the league so go out there on Saturday and prove it and forget the Leek game. I think we can only afford to lose two more games this season now, the rest have to be won or at least drawn (against the better teams away), if we are to remain Play off candidates as this league is tight. C’mon the Albion lets keep up the fight and not lose our confidence we can definately still do it but we need to recover quickly from the Leek game.

That is the most accurate assessment I have read yet, though I do take issue a little over Connors, I think he is the man to do the job for us. We need Mike back too.<br>WHS.

I understand your flustration at losing to Leek, but blaming the system is not totally true.<br><br>Watching the match Witton were the better side for most of the match. The lad from Crewe (miller)had gone off injured when you were 3-1 up and you changed it to 4-3-3 and still conceeded 3 goals. I have watched a few games recently and your goal keeper is as good as anyone in the league, but just made some mistakes.

You have assessed this correctly Neutral. Without Kennedy’s faux pas Leek were out of the game - their heads had dropped. <br><br>The team is a good one. Onward and upward.<br><br>Happy New Year to everyone.<br><br>Bill