Witton vs North Ferriby

Excellent again today.<br><br>Up to 4th after our victory & Whitby’s home defeat. Creditable draw also for Radcliffe @ Telford.<br><br>GE<br><br>PS If the heavens open in the morning please come and help - tomorrow’s game MUST take place.<br><br>

Great victory for the Albion, given results elsewhere. We should have had a bagful though. Ferriby never looked like scoring. I wish we could kill teams like this off before the 90th minute…to be fair we should have done. Man of the match, Rob Lloyd. Great atmosphere too !

I wonder if the Team Management would agree that because Kennedy gives the team, (particularly the defence), such a feeling of confidence, that they are, as a unit playing further forward than they have in previous seasons and even in earlier games this season? <br> There is surely no doubt in anyone’s mind now that the re-signing of Kennedy was the turning point in this season and that with Kennedy in goal there is no limit to what we might achieve this season, personally I will settle for no cups, just promotion.<br>WHS.

We had too much for North Ferriby today. <br>After a great start I thought the match drifted slightly in the first half, as it became a midfield battle, but I thought second half was a barnstorm! <br>It is so refreshing to see a team at this level play it’s football as many others don’t…with width. <br>It caused North Ferriby problems and it will cause other teams who come up against Jim’s team the same problems. Long may this squad and this run continue.<br>

UniBond Premier Division - Saturday December 2nd 2006<br><br>WITTON ALBION 2 NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 0<br><br>TEAM: Kennedy: Spearritt, Pritchard, Barras, Brownhill (Hockenhull 85); Gahgan, Lloyd, Connors, Peers (Alex Brown 69); Moseley (Jones G. 89), Warlow. <br><br><br>Albion, who?d been presented with the UniBond Club of the Month moments earlier, took less than two minutes of this match, at the Britannia Carpets Stadium, to take the lead. Winning a corner in their first attack, MARK PEERS played a short ball in to Steve Connors, before receiving the ball back and striking a 15 yard low shot between keeper Antoni Pecora and the near post.<br><br>Within a minute Leon Wainman spurned a great chance to equalise, skying the ball instead. On 7 minutes Pecora got the slightest of touches but just enough to ensure that Adam Warlow?s blistering shot only struck the right upright. 10 minutes from the break Sam Agar found space well but blasted his shot well wide of the home goal.<br><br>Claims for a penalty were waived away as Chris Gahgan was clattered to the ground by United?s Chris Gowen two minutes into the 2nd half. On 53 minutes a Rob Lloyd free-kick was headed goalwards by veteran Brian Pritchard, Pecora was well beaten but the ball just evaded striker Mike Moseley at the far post.<br><br>Both teams had a series of shots but really neither Jon Kennedy nor Pecora were severely tested. Ferriby skipper Chris Bolder got closest on 66 minutes with a snap shot that went narrowly wide. Witton?s Gahgan, Connors and Tom Spearritt were all off target and it was left to substitute ALEX BROWN, as the game entered its final minute, to produce a low 20 yard drive that flew through a melee of players, to stamp the final seal on proceedings.<br><br>Thought that Ferriby?s No 3 was very lucky to not receive a yellow card before his appalling challenge on Alex Brown. As for their No 5, having already been booked he then somehow gets away with just a few words from the ref following yet another foul. (No cards for the Albion at all by the way). <br><br>This win completed the double over the Humberside side and stretched Albion?s unbeaten league run to 10 matches as they moved up into 4th spot, with games in hand on all other teams.<br>

Well done on another great result, hopefully very soon the Town will realise they have a winning team in Wincham… ;D

Very much doubt it the local rag will bang on about a money making scam by the lodgers playing Man Us reserve reserves than the fact that Witton are doing really well and are great to watch!, when will we get the Headlines on the back page!

Just read in a report on the Ferriby site that in the last 15 minutes a nervous Albion were pushed back on the defensive and resorted to timewasting. Bl00dy hell! If that was classed as being pushed back on the defensive, just imagine what it would be like to watch us attack!

The Ferriby view<br><br>By Dave Simmons - Press Officer <br><br>Despite a valiant defensive display North Ferriby United, deprived of <br>the services of top scorer Gary Bradshaw due to suspension, lacked <br>sufficient guile or striking threat to prevent Witton Albion from claiming all <br>three points at Wincham Park. Goals at either end of the ninety minutes <br>proved sufficient for Albion to extend their fourteen match unbeaten run. <br><br>"We were well beaten at the end of the day," conceded manager Brian <br>France, "We were second best in all departments and couldn’t argue with Witton <br>taking the points. We missed Bradshaw but at the same time we didn’t <br>really pose them enough problems in key areas on the pitch. We gave the ball <br>away too easily in the middle of the park and you can’t afford to do this <br>against anybody at this level, let alone a good side like Witton." <br><br>"You’ve got to look for positives from every game and I thought our <br>defence and keeper were first class and I was thrilled with the performance of <br>Sam Agar in his first game at this level. He showed a great deal of promise <br>for the future." <br><br>Ferriby’s afternoon started badly when they found themselves behind <br>after only 92 seconds as Witton cashed in on the first corner kick of the <br>afternoon. They played the ball short to Mark Peers and the former <br>Liverpool starlet lashed a shot goalwards from the edge of the penalty area and <br>saw the ball find the net via a deflection off Chris Bolder. <br><br>Six minutes later it was almost two up to Witton as Mike Moseley turned <br>inside the Ferriby penalty area only to crash his shot off the upright. <br>Peers almost added a second Witton goal but his shot was blocked for a <br>corner kick as Ferriby sought to gain a foothold in the match. <br><br>Eventually Bolder and Ross Thompson gained some sense of parity in <br>midfield and debutant Sam Agar went close from the edge of the penalty area but <br>Witton remainded a threat and Antoni Pecora was forced to dive at the <br>feet of Crewe loanee Adam Warlow to keep Ferriby in the match. <br><br>Either side of the break Nathan Hotte had a shot held by home keeper <br>Jon Kennedy and Mike Moseley failed to connect when put clear by Brian <br>Pritchard’s cute header from a Rob Lloyd free kick for Witton. <br><br>Despite Ferriby getting on terms in possessionin the second period, <br>Witton created the better chances and only the bravery of Pecora in flying at <br>the feet of Warlow for a second time kept the score at one. The last <br>fifteen minutes saw Ferriby push their hosts back onto the defensive but an <br>increasingly nervous Albion resort to time wasting. <br><br>However, the Cheshire side got a cruel second goal, from the Ferriby <br>point of view, in the final minute when substitute Alex Brown cut in from <br>the left and lashed a low drive past Pecora from some 20 yards.

Have to agree with WHS on the kennedy thing, we have looked much more comfortable since he came back. Pritch and Barras have forged a great partnership now, and the midfield are running the game week in week out.<br>It’s a shame that Telford are so far ahead of us, as a real crack at winning the league may of enticed a few of the stay-aways back down to Wincham Park. Regardless of that though, we really do have a team to be proud of at the moment.

Get into second place and evn Telford might get nervy, remember Newcastle under Keegan?<br>WHS.

Yes, I totally agree WHS. Nothing is impossible and Telford haven’t hit a bad patch yet but, we all know that they will at some stage because all teams go through it.

By my calculations, we have to win three more games than they do until the end of the season to give us a fighting chance, difficult, but not impossible for this Albion line-up.<br>WHS

Everything is possible and I still think we can catch them. Telford and Hednesford think they are home and dry so just lets prove them wrong! <br><br>Tremendous performance on Saturday - don’t know which game the Ferriby guy was watching!!

Hell of an incentive to the team, I think it is a good idea, I will put in a ?5 on top of my usual ?1 a point.<br>WHS.

Hi Lads,<br><br>Long time reader, first time poster :o<br><br>Regarding the odds for promotion. I assume that these were copied from bet365.com?<br><br>Anyway, I think it’s a really good idea and as I run a non-league gambling site I’d thought I’d offer you some advice if I may.<br><br>Skybet also have a book on the Unibond Outright and Witton are currently 16/1. 500 quid there wins 8,500. <br><br>If you’re serious about doing it I forsee 2 problems. The first is that if you hammer Frickley (and I hope you do as I’ve backed you after you won me some money at the weekend :)) then the odds will change pretty quick. Then again a bad result now and at the weekend could see them drift…<br><br>The second problem I forsee is the internet books are always getting stung (Examples; betting on Lancaster City to loose this season and Runcorn last season) so they don’t accept bets of 500 pound. The limit in this market is just 60 I think. You can always call them and ask for more.<br><br>However, there is some good news. Skybet like most books offers a free bet (minus stake) of ?20. So for example if you get a "Magnificent 7" to open accounts and place ?60 your total stake of ?420 returns ?7140. <br>If you place your ?20 free bet on it as well will get you<br>an extra ?2240 so:<br><br>Staked - ?420<br>Winnings - ?9380<br><br>Skybet match your first bet (up to ?20) so if were to collect the minimum ?140 from fans and have 7 people open accounts:<br><br>Staked - ?140<br>Returns - ?4620<br><br>I’d like to point out that I don’t work for Skybet but I do enjoy taking money from them as their prices are all over the place, particulary in the Unibond.<br><br>Good luck tonight and for the rest of your season,<br><br>AMP

Just going back to Saturday’s game, I thought Griff Jones was rather unfortunate to be left out following his performance against Clitheroe.<br><br>However, it makes things very difficult when a team is playing well and with such competition for places nobody can be guaranteed their places.

I think i mite have a little flutter on the mighty albion to win tonite with that free ?20 bet. ?Im a newcomer to the betting game as i have just turned 19 so does that mean if i open an account with skybet i can put ?20 on witton to win and not have to pay a single penny and if i win i get all the winnings in my bank account?? ?Cheers for any responses