Witton vs Radcliffe

I am an idiot Wittoner of long standing so "yes" I will chuck in another ?3 for a win at Stamford, oh to hell with it, make it a ?5 it is the FA trophy. Will be at the Clitheroe game a week on Tuesday, so grab me if GE is not back, hopefully I will owe ?8 !!!<br>WHS

WHS I’ll happily take the ?3 on behalf of Len/Andy’s etc if you wish - same goes for anyone else who may not know them - you can donate at the club shop yo me and I’ll pass it on for you.<br><br>A week off - the first we’ve had all season I too am looking forward to it! I’m sure a rest will do the players good as well!

We could (and probably should) have won the game much earlier, but that said in previous seasons we would only have got the point, this time we turned it into 3. That says a lot about this team.<br><br>I think Alex’s goal may well turn out to be goal of the season - not just because it was a wonderful strike, but also because it came at such a crucial time.<br><br>We are well and truly in the mix at the top and with games against Telford, Hednesford, Marine etc all at home we can look forward to the future.<br><br>Well done guys and good luck for next Saturday!!

i think we huffed and puffed to that victory. We played good football from defence to midfield and also down the flanks. I feel that the front two let us down a bit though but a least mike showed effort and willing to get the goal we needed he just lacks confidence. Adam Warlow’s performance left a lot to be desired, someone said on this forum a while ago that if he doesnt score he doesnt offer much more and this was the case. My man of the match was however not pritch but Barras he good on the ball read the game well and more importantly he played the game at his pace and fo me is turning to be a rock this season. One more thing and this annoyed me the most the disallowed goal at the beginning of the second half was my goalden goal time. oh and what a goal by alex brown for me that was one of the best ive seen at wiitton and come the end of the season could be crucial.

I agree to a greay extent, for me with Barras and Pritch we have two perfectly matched centre backs, we also have a hell of a keeper too. However I think playing Spearitt at full back is a mistake, his defence is sound but his distribuition is not good enough for that position in the modern game. Finally, full marks to Jim Vince for trying to attack with two wide men, it didn’t work but it was worth a try.<br>WHS

MM let us down and is lacking in confidence ???<br><br>Yep its a whole 90 mins since he scored a brace and but for a scandalous challenge, would have got a hat-trick!!!<br><br>Get real the players also read these comments, inane or not.<br><br>Not the greatest game in the world but thought we were worthy winners, and our patience paid off with that fantastic strike of Alex’s.<br><br>Thanks to all the people who assisted with regard to Davenham Dynamoes and Witton Juniors getting into the ground etc.<br><br>Its definitely better to have 80+ in the stadium who wouldn’t normally be there rather than have rows of empty seats, hopefully some of our passion will rub off on some of the youngsters and their families!<br><br>

i did actually say that of the front two he was the one who most effort in. I wasnt there on tuesday so i can only comment on what i see and looking at mike on sat as he missed a couplle of chances he was perhaps guilty of trying to hard but at least he was trying. As Andy says players do look at the comments on here and iam not in business of knocking them but hoping they would take them onboard. Constructive criticism if you like.

No arguments with the effort MM is putting in over the last month or so. Would say that is not so much lacking in confidence, as sometimes lacking the sort of service he thrives on. He has had to go looking for the ball quite alot, which is strange considering the creative players we have in the side. Good to see him back amongst the goals as of late though.<br><br>in regards to Adam Warlow, young lad who has been out for a while so i think we have to forgive him a little bit of inconsistency. Yeah sometimes when he doesn’t score then he doesn’t add that much to the team, but on the other hand it’s good to have a striker who can knock them in even when he’s not on top of his game. I’m sure over the next 6 months young Adam will do us proud!<br><br>Anyway, like i said earlier, let’s just look forward to saturday now!!!

Ian Botham was right when he said, "Form comes and goes, but Class lasts forever" Both Mike and young Adam have a touch of Class, they will come good again, Saturday hopefully. Meanwhile our defence is more than making up for the shortage of goals at the other end, it looks MEAN for the first time in years.<br>WHS.

A quick well done to the lads for another 3 points I was in London this weekend so couldn’t make the game but was delighted to tell a bar full of dejected South Africans that my team had managed a win ;D

Theres some footage of this game on Youtube! Pretty boring apart from a Pritch to JK backheader!!!

Also a clip from the marine game, the pen!!

Andy Chad whats is it under on youtube this game?<br>Ive been on it and cant seem to find it. [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif]

If you just put witton in the search both clips come up

Heres the direct links for you ;)<br><br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEn5XzjX2I8&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_gSVkd48h8