Witton vs Workington

Wow, the live commentary from Wincham Park on Radio Cumbria is fantastic (if workington biased)!<br><br>33mins gone, 0-0.<br><br>

HT 0-0

Witton 1-0 up after 80 mins, Lee Madin.

Yes! 1-0 full time score! First win under Finley!

Excellent result, and great to be able to listen to commentary. Hope this is the start of a decent run.

Sat in a hotel room in Denmark and enjoyed the commentary on the net. Great service from Radio Cumbria, although their commentators were a bit choked! Sounds like Pritch had a stormer.

No wonder the crowds are a bit low got Witton fans spread all over the globe! I was just at work so not quite as exotic but was great to be able to listen to the game, made me laugh when one of the commentators descirbed Pritch as ‘no Franz Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet’ maybe not but who needs Beckenbauer when we’re got Pritch!!!

Well why you guys were here there and everywhere, I was at the home of football, WP !<br><br>And witnessed a very even contest that had two elements dominating proceedings, Witton missing two great opportunites, a header from MM over the bar and a shot from Andy Barlow, which should have been taken with more composure, but we got the goal, and Lee Madin was at the right place at the right time to stick the ball in the back of the net.<br><br>The second of the two elements was a superb goalkeeping performance from Gibbo, pulling of some truly magnificent saves to keep us well in the game.<br><br>One other point to mention, John Stannard had a good game, the first time in a long while.<br><br>If we can now build on this performance and result then who knows what will happen, but upwards is looking a lot more likely.<br><br>Come on Gary’s Army !!<br><br> [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif]

A very good solid performance and an excellent result to go with it.<br><br>Workington did have their chances but with Gibbo as MOM we held on.<br>Another result like it on Saturday would be brilliant.<br>Well done Gary’s!

Team: Super Gibbo, Evans, Tickle, Pritch, Furnival, Baker, Foy, Barlow, Stannard, Moseley, Yates.<br><br>Subs used: Madin on for Yates about 68mins.<br><br>Much improved performance apparently although Gibbo made 4 top notch saves to keep us level till Madin scored. Good battling performance. Well Done the lads.

Anyone who wants to listen to the commentary from tonights game it is available until next tuesday on Radio Cumbria’s Listen again feature. address below:<br><br>http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/realmedia/sport/tuesday_sport.ram&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;If this doesn’t work go to www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/sport, Click on Carlisle United link, Click on Carlisle utd Commentary, Scroll down to Tuesday On Demand and click the link.

One the best performances for quite a while, I thought that Pritch had the No.9 in his pocket, he didn’t give him an inch of room, and marked him very well, Thought that Yatesy had his best game for a while also<br>But in all a very solid performance by all, they certainly looked a lot fitter and lasted the game out for 90 minutes, and we didn’t go on the defensive when we scored which was a good thing<br>I know it’s early doors yet but I think that the new management team are heading the right way and long may it continue<br>I actually ate my supper last night<br>Pity not many people saw this performance, but i’m sure if we keep this up more will start to appear at matches<br>Well done to all concerned [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] ;D

We are actually one of the best teams at home now you know. <br><br>P8 W6 D1 L1 and we should have beaten Ossett.<br><br>Which includes no less than 4 1-0 wins over:<br><br>Lincoln Utd, Bridlington Town, Workington & Matlock Town.

Great performance - still can’t believe we won! I was wondering before the game following the showing at Gateshead just how many Workington would notch up!!<br><br>So, well done all!! Especially Lee Madin who is officially god. I’ve decided!!! [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

Have we now got this new manager syndrome Debs?