World Cup

…with Ron Atkinson and Terry Venables in the back room team!!!

PLEASE! PLEASE! Don’t take Redknapp, he is the first good manager we have had at Spurs since Venables, hey, why not Venables?
WHS.

Does’nt matter who the coach is the players are just not good enough ! English kids today get all the natural skills coached out of them - too many parents get involved for the wrong reasons eg pushing them to be the next Rooney etc £££££££££££££!

One point made by some coaches is our insistance on kids playing on full sized pitches. At cricket the wicket is only twenty yards long for juniors, in Rugby the kids play nine a side across the pitch that is only twenty five yards wide. Young tennis players play "short tennis, etc. All that happens when kids play on a big pitch is the BIG KID with the BIG BOOT is the star man as the smaller kids have difficulty moving the ball great distances. A tighter pitch means the clever players with good ball control are the stars. Just a thought.
WHS.

The Team was a complete joke not unlike the situation we had to endure last season with our lads. The whole point is there is far too much money in football. Would like to see a maximum wage of say £10k a week and a ceiling on transfers of say £10 million. Outlaw football agents, get rid of the old hierachy within football administration and cap any club who pays out more than they get in.
All this has whetted my appetite for watching us next season. I have never really watched top football always preferred supporting the Albion my local club for 52 years now!! OK might have gone over the top with some of my moans but I think we now have a great base to go forward with, a young team and some experienced lads who will be well motivated by a good manager. All these things were lacking for England in the World cup though you could argue that someone on £135,000 a week should be able to motivate himself!! Thats the nub of this world cup though for England mediocre players on megabucks who can earn more not playing for their country.Where’s the pride and where’s the passion. Bobby Moore, Tom Finney, even more recently Alan Shearer seemed to be inspired when the pulled on an England shirt. This lot could even sing the National Anthem properly in short a disgrace!!
On ward and upward lets all get some passion, support and rapport going with our lads next season its got to be better than watching that rubbish on Telly!!

Spot on Mona, Eli and WHS, all valid arguments.

Personally I think the biggest single factor that would change things positively is to put a cap on the number of foreign players. There have been times when Arsenal have fielded a team without an English player, United and Chelsea have Serbians, French, Germans, African, Brazilians, etc.

The number of foreign players in the Premier League is stopping the the home grown players coming through to the first team. The big clubs have all these academies set up but the products of this set-up can’t get in their first teams.

Two seasons ago there were 337 registered foreign players in the Premier League from 66 countries! I’ve read one report that says an average of 17 foreign players in the squad of each club!

This is quite an interesting article on the subject and a good bit of graphical evidence;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8182090.stm

Until we limit the amount of foreign players we will not compete internationally, the same goes for choosing foreign managers of the national side. The problem is the Premier League is now too important and too rich, it has become far more important than the national team.

WR its even worse if you look at the big club academies they are full imports as well, well over 50% of liverpools academy is foreign import :frowning: so even less chance of home grown youth getting through - football runs the risk of losing its support base if it loses contact with the fans and reality

If cricket can limit the overseas players per county team so can football clubs.

Well said RS65 that is about all the words our team, deserved!!
WHS

4-0 to Germany ! :cheer: :cheer:
I bet Rooney,Stevie,Terry,Lamps,Becks et al have loved watching this match.
Bloody Premiership prima donnas. :angry: