Buxton v Witton

From the Guardians website:

Buxton v Witton: preview
By Andrew Simpson

Buxton v Witton Albion (ko 7.45pm)
UniBond Premier Division
Venue: Silverlands
Previous meeting: n/a

Buxton (from): Hartley (GK), Black, MacPherson, Bowker, Hollingsworth, Agus, Foyle, Brough, Hall, Towey, Foster, Lennon, Riley, Ridley, Parton, Walker, Bingham
Doubtful: none
Suspended: Reed (three matches)
Card count: Y7 R1
Form guide: WLLD
Top scorer: Reed, Parton (both one)

Witton (from): Kennedy (GK), Coo, Spearritt, Barras, Kearney, Pritchard, Brownhill, Dillon, Lloyd, Brown, Peers, Proffitt, Brodie, Warlow, Crowe
Doubtful: Barras (hamstring)
Injured: Foy, Royle, Turley
Unavailable: Thornley (international duty)
Suspended: none
Card count: Y2 R0
Form guide: WWWWL
Top scorer: Mark Peers (four)

Match pointers
Buxton boss John Reed predicts a tough time for his UniBond Premier Division newcomers against promotion favourites Albion. "Witton Albion are going to be a very, very big test for us. They are one of the big five teams in this league," he told the Buxton Advertiser this week.

That he faces Jim Vince’s men without star striker John Reed and midfield creator Shaun Doxey - sold to Blue Square North outfit Alfreton Town - makes the Bucks’ task even harder. They have mustered only two goals from their opening four games, one of those a penalty, on their way to four points.

Witton will be forced to make at least one change with Rod Thornley away with the English national team. Dean Crowe should be ready, according to Vince, but Dorryl Proffitt may get the nod ahead of him. Tony Barras is likely to be back next week.

Albion have racked up 11 goals in their past four outings, conceding only one, as they put distance between today and their opening day no-show at Lincoln United.

[br][size=1]Posted on: September 04, 2007, 09:02:39 AM[/size][hr]PS Neil, I’m working tonight so can do updates if required

Cheers Picko - will text you.

Witton team Kennedy, Coo, Brownhill, Pritch, Spearitt, Brodie, Brown, Dillan, Warlow, Proffitt, Peers. Subs Crowe, Kearney, Turley

1-0 to the Albion, Pritch header

Get in! Mon the Alb. Cheers for the updates Picko.

COME ON THE ALBION! Loving the updates lad lets hope theres plenty more to come ha! Cheers a very happy Jonny Amery & Dave Goulding

Come on the Albion!

HT 1-0

2-0 og from a Brodie cross

Finished 2-0 just had a quick word with Mike he says Buxton were a very physical side and put us under a lot of pressure with no real end result, so another good 3 points and another clean sheet, heard that Marine were beating Fleetwood 3-1 at Fleetwood too not heard Guisleys score yet

Well done Witton on another three points.

Just read on the Guiseley website that Kendal equalised in the second minute of stoppage time leaving the score at 2-2

Well, what a good 3 points, prospective champions at times have to grind out results, Buxton had more than their fair share of the ball and a few really good chances, last season I think we would have come away empty handed, there is definately more composure in the side now, yes we rode our luck on occasions, but you make your own luck, great display lads, who knows maybe just maybe …

Oh PS the officials untill tonight have been a credit to Unibond football, the referee tonight was a diabolical. I felt embarassed for him.

The referee tonight was dog s**t.

Witton did well against a side playing ugly route one football.

Well done boys.

My thoughts exactly me - per the Lincoln game we are a big team to beat now, buxton worked very hard but with little end product. (again how many saves by Kennedy? 1 maybe 2) How that fella missed at the end though I’ll never know - that would have been a deserved goal I think for their pressure.

However we didnt just take our only 2 chances - Warlow had 2 goalden opportunities which their keeper saved - more clear cut chances than they had all night and we still won the game. We are at present looking dangerously consistant (like our neighbours).

Lets keep churning them out.

A final word for the fans - 100 odd there again tonight, what a following.

Another final word unfotunatley for the officials - they have been excellent until 7.45pm tonight.The referee made some poor decisions and the liner would do well to develop an opinion!

Oh, and Northwich are now bottom of the conference…

;D

haha looks like Witton and vics could be playing each other provided we carry on with these good performances, and vics get whats coming to them and do rubbish leading to their relegation!! :smiley: ;D

A good team performance all round with some great football at times. Solid at the back, inventive in midfield and always a threat upfront.

Man of the match for me? Two words - Tom Spearritt.

You know a man much wiser than me once said ‘don’t wish evil upon your neighbour’, don’t forget we fell from dizzy heights and we’re not nearly back yet, lets enjoy the success that the club is experiencing and, hard as it is, not gloat on troubled times next door, its surprising how often it comes back to bite you on the ‘arris’, lets be honest, we should know about the highs and lows.
The club is on the UP and lets concentrate on that.

PS, SEE THE SCUM LOST AGAIN TONIGHT !!!

Stuck to the game plan perfectly. They had loads of the ball but had few ideas.
We created several great chances. Pritch, Spearitt, and Alex Brown were immense! Thought Warlow was also very good. He did everything but score, I get the feeling one team are gonna be on the end of a right hammering when he first hits the back of the net!!