CHRISTMAS CHARITY GAME - WITTON FANS v V*CS FANS

Right enough of all the doom and gloom after today’s game…

I am delighted to confirm the following details of the Witton and Vics Supporters Charity Football match.

The game will be held at Middlewich Town FC on Sunday the 28th December at 11am.

I am hoping that i can announce what i expect will be a popular choice of referee in the next few days…

We should also be able to welcome back into the fold our experienced midfield general with a large presence.

All proceeds from the game will again be donated to St Lukes Hospice. Please please please do come down for the day and support what is a great cause. It was fantastic last year to get about 250 people down to the game and raise almost £1500 for charity. It would be even better to beat that figure this year.

The Witton Supporters Team are currently in training for the big game, and are in better shape than Grazzer’s ‘indestructable’ hurdles (ask Crouchy or Andy Chad about them!!). We are confident that it will not be a 7 - 0 drubbing again this year - so please come down and cheer us on!! Infact as it’s Christmas - and for charity - why not drag all of the family along aswell. (and if we can just remind everyone that the Supporters Team were the first Witton side to win at Wincham Park this season!!).

BIG thanks to Middlewich Town for agreeing to stage the game - so please come and buy a drink or some food so that they are rewarded for their hospitality.

Again, PLEASE do support us in this. It is always a proud moment for us guys from behind the goal to line up in the red and white, and even more so when it is against our bitter rivals. Please come and cheer us on, throw some money in the collection buckets, and help make this years game even more special than last year’s was.

Thanks for reading, hopefully see you all there.

Robbo.

Robbo
Great . Got 50 quid in my hand for the fund, hopefully more, anything else I can do email me, should be a good day.
Make it fancy dress etc :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Stuart

The best thing you could possibly do Stu is to come down and bring family/friends etc. Thanks for the support.

The Northwich Guardian and Cheshire FM will be onboard again too.

If anybody wants to look at organising a raffle or Golden Goal for the day to raise extra money then that would be a big help too.

Robbo
is your team any good? do you need any proper veteran yo help you out? Or should I just raise as much money as I can?

Me Bobby Chaarlton and some long haired youth from Dublin once…anyway…long time ago, mate I will help you promote this game as much as possible, for the cause, just let mw know.

Stuart.

PS. Dont tell the Mrs about the date of the game, if you have the mis-fortune to meet her at the wimter ball.
Thanks
Stuart

I assume you are not referring to my waist line. The hurdles have been replaced and the manufacturers still claim the are indestructable . . .however they did enquire as to, “What is a Crouchy???”

No Grazzer i was referring to the other experienced member of our midfield…

Thanks Stu, any help is appreciated.

Yes i Know, met the man himself outside the Spar shop this morning, allegedly suffering from knee trouble. . . . must be through carrying all that weight about:dry:

Golden Goal tickets sorted and ready for printing off Robbo - is it worth having 2 Golden Goals ( 1 Witton & 1 V*cs ) seeing as u lot did’t score last time:laugh:

Are u having a half-time Draw this time - if so then let’s put an appeal out for Prizes ( Bottles,Teddy Bear etc)

Eli, the more we can do to raise money the better. I’m sure people will have unwanted Xmas presents that they could donate!!

But i dont want you doing too much, you’re playing upfront this year!!!

Finally some pace up front:ohmy:

I have rearranged my mother-in-law so we can come and support this annual event!
Do you want raffle prizes on the day or in advance?
Looking forward to seeing Eli upfront:laugh:

Eli has to get thru his late fitness test first…

But if he can run with golden goal/raffle it’d be much appreciated. Speak to him if you can Dodger. But if you’re thinking of offering Thomas’ dirty socks, then thanks but no thanks!!!

There’ll be no dirty socks in our house by the 28th thanks to the large box of Persil I have just lovingly wrapped and placed carefully under our tree.

Think dodger is going for the clean sweep this xmas, his mrs will be whiter than white with a box of Persil!

Can anybody wanting to be involved in the various aspects of this game please meet me in the Social Club at 2.20pm before our home game with BPA on the 20th. Cheers.

I know they are V*cs fans but are they really that stooopid?

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=4220.0

Having read that garbage on their forum, I think we should withdraw the offer to play V*cs and play Runcorn or FC, same date for same charity.

WAFCST (Robbo) has done virtually all the work (AGAIN) and they just want to criticise. Maybe they will have more than a couple of supporters playing this season and play it in the true spirit - The whole of the Witton team can be found behind the goal at matches

Andy, i have to admit that that was my initial reaction too. And until a few days ago it was actually going to be FCUM or Runcorn that we played as Vics weren’t responding to my emails, messages, facebooks, etc. However, i always thought that as the game is for a local charity then it should be the local clubs that are involved in this (which is why this year i wanted to involve Middlewich too). So Vics were always my own first choice - despite my better judgement!!! The reason WE have arranged the date/stadium/officials etc is that Vics hadn’t shown any desire to get involved with this. If the date isn’t 100% suitable for them, then perhaps they should have shown more of an interest 3 months ago when i first attempted to make contact!!

Now i’ve cooled down a bit i’m happy to let them live in their own little dream world. The date is set, the venue is set. All that remains now is for as many Wittoners as possible to come down and support us as we try to win the trophy that we came absolutely nowhere near to winning last year!!

It’s for a great cause (one that is very close to my own heart), and i just hope that the event is once again a massive success. And, ultimately, that is all that matters.

I think people underestimate the amount of work Robbo has done in arranging for this to happen.

Finding a ground to play at is never easy around Christmas, the club’s obviously have their own games to play and the pitches take a lot of damage due to weather conditions at this time of year. Winsford were extremely generous hosts last season and likewise Middlewich deserve a great deal of thanks for this year.

Coordinating the with the local media (Guardian and Cheshire FM) is also a key part of this and once again both parties have pledged their support for the match. This is only due to how professional the arrangements have been, last year and this.

The primary focus of the event is charity and last year this raised a total of more than £1,200 for St Luke’s. This is a tremendous amount of money to a very very good cause. I know that they were delighted by the gesture last year. Barclays were also very kind in making a significant contribution of £1 for every £1 raised (again this was down to Robbo)!

I too was disappointed by some of the comments on the Vics forum but hope that these are from a small-minded minority and that there are many of their supporters who recognise the work involved in staging this.

Was brilliant to walk around WP today and hear so many people talking about the Supporters Game.

A few more BIG thank you’s to throw out;

To Phil Carter for offering to sponsor the Team for the day. This will allow us to sort insurance and other little things like Lucozade etc, so is a very welcome contribution.

Also to Si Rabbit for agreeing to put togther a match program again. This is time consuming so i am very grateful to him for this (Rose shout at me not Si, i twisted his arm!!).

Cheers to Adam Knight for getting the details in the Witton program today.

Cheers to our resident fiddler Pete Lyon for all he’s agreed to take on.

Thanks to GE for sorting the officials…

And hopefully it’ll be cheers to Grazzer for providing the video camera that we will be using to make a video diary of the day!!

If anybody wants any more information etc please PM etc.

And if any of the Jumps do want to get involved then feel free to hunt me out on Boxing Day or grab my number off Neil Wilson, Andy Chad, etc etc.

Thanks again.

Robbo.