Ex Albion players on the move

Two former Albion men have moved onto new clubs recently.<br><br>Darren Twigg has left Kidsgrove Athletic to join Newcastle Town. While Lee Madin, has made the move from St Helens Town to Alsager Town after hitting the net on twenty two occasions during the second half of last season.

Ex Albion manager Gary Finley, has appointed former Witton midfielder Micky Mellon as his assistant at Lancaster City.<br><br>Finley has also signed goalkeeper Jon Kennedy after his release from Halifax.

Former Albion striker Simon Burton has rejoined Warrington Town from Colwyn Bay.

Ex Witton utility player John Stannard has left Marine and joined Merseyside neighbours Prescot Cables.

According to the nonleague website, goalkeeper John Worsnop has signed for Guiseley.

He played for them last week I believe and was cover on Saturday for us.

Got me puzzled this, something not quite right. Possibly get an answer tomorrow evening as to what’s gone (going) on with Jon Worsnop.

For those of you with long memories!!!<br>UniBond League Division One club Chorley have confirmed that Paul Lodge has been appointed as first-team manager, and takes charge of team affairs immediately. <br><br>His first training session will be on Thursday ahead of Saturday`s FA Cup tie with Garforth Town. <br><br>He is an experienced former League and non-League player. In his non-League days he skippered Southport and also appeared for Witton Albion,Morecambe, Lancaster City and Macclesfield Town before coming to Victory Park as a player under Bryan Griffiths on the eve of season 1997/98. <br><br>Born in Liverpool in 1961, Lodge was capped by England Schools and was an Everton apprentice, signing full-time at 18. He made 24 first-team appearances for The Toffee’s and loan appearances for Wigan Athletic and Rotherham United before being transferred to Preston North End in 1983. <br><br>He moved on to Bolton Wanderers the following year and after a loan spell with Port Vale signed for Stockport County in 1985, making 13 appearances in season 1984/85. <br><br>He had a spell as assistant-manager at Southport and also as manager of St Helens Town in the North West Counties League before joining Accrington Stanley, firstly being their PASE scheme coach and youth development officer, then taking over as reserve team manager at the Crown Ground. <br><br>

Fond memories of Lodgie playing for Witton alongside Anderson and Grimshaw - happy days indeed. If he turns out to be half as good a manager as he was a player, Chorley will do well.

The list of ex Albion stars at Lancaster has just got longer as they have signed Jordan King from Colwyn Bay.

Ex Albion favourite Paul Lodge, resigned as manager of Unibond First Division Chorley following the magpies 6-1 thrashing at Harrogate Railway Athletic on Saturday.

Kevin Sanasy has left the Albion (probably for Guiseley FC).<br><br>GE<br>

why? already? i thought he was good!

Good player, and scored goals in his first few games, but we didn’t sign him to play as a winger did we and he’s not gonna get in ahead of MM and Warlow i wouldn’t of thought. My guess is he was signed as a possible replacement for MM, but it (luckily) hasn’t turned out that way.

Former Albion manager Gary Finley has left Lancaster City to join the coaching staff at Southport.

I wonder if now that Adam Warlow has joined for the season, maybe that has something to do with Kevin leaving. Originally, we had only got Adam for three months but perhaps the extension of his loan has changed things. It’s just a thought!

Its simple really we have got Frosty,MM,Warlow, and probably a couple of reserves that could do a job. Do we need/ can we afford to have four quality strikers on the books?<br><br>Thanks and Good luck for the future to Kevin.

I believe Mr Finlay has left Lancaster City and taken his casebook to Southport.<br><br>GE<br>

What a surprise to see Mr Finley jump ships yet agin, when will Kennedy, Mellion and Co join?

Mellon left some time ago, and not on good terms has been in the press having a few digs since he left lancaster