Former Players

Fame at last! ;D I’ll pass my thanks on to my ghost writer The Hartford Hare (well I would but he is currently auditioning for the role of Gandalf in the west end)!

And I wonder who this is?

"An exasperated Witton fan stood a few yards away mournfully shouts "Come onnnnn Witton". But the tone isn’t exactly brimming with hope, it’s more like a child shouting for a lost dog".

[quote]
And I wonder who this is?

"An exasperated Witton fan stood a few yards away mournfully shouts "Come onnnnn Witton". But the tone isn’t exactly brimming with hope, it’s more like a child shouting for a lost dog".
[/quote] :smiley:

Back to the original topic - former Witton player and BPA exile Mark Jones has gone on loan to Radcliffe Borough.

GE

Looks like Shaun Whalley scored as Accrington were thrashed 8-2 at Peterborough

I found out much to my surprise that Scott Lycett who played for the Albion in pre season and was very impressive (so much so that apparently he’d accepted an offer from a club in a higher league), is playing for Congleton…

:o :o :o now that is a shock!

He impressed me greatly during pre-season, i was hoping JV would sign him up quick. Is definitely a player who could play in a higher league… Rumour was he was going to a conference team.

Scott Lycett -
Position: Centre Back/Centre Midfield
Place of Birth: Stoke-on-Trent
Former Clubs: Leicester, Manchester City, Port Vale
‘Scotty’ is a product of the Football Academy and has Captained Leceister City Reserves against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, which he says is his most memorable game. Disillusioned with the professional game he is taking some time out to play for his favourite team. Yes, amazingly it’s Congleton Town!

That will be the same Scott Lycett now turning out for Halesowen Town in the Southern League Premier? ::slight_smile:

From Halesowen website;

Player profile - Scott Lycett

Team
1st Team

Position(s)
Defender

Date of birth
05/09/1987

Current player?
Yes

Date signed
15/11/2007

Previous clubs
Port Vale, Manchester City, Leicester City, Congleton Town

Player profile
Age 20

Now that is impressively quick! ;D

Quiet day!!

Leek Town have snapped up former Doncaster Rovers striker Ben Jones and hand him his debut in tonight’s crucial UniBond Premier Division home game against fellow-strugglers Ilkeston Town (7.45).

Former Blues boss Paul Ogden, who has been brought in to assist caretaker-manager Wayne Johnson, worked on the deal and Leek have also added youngsters Steve Hopkins and Chris Smith to their squad.

Ogden said: "We are a bit short on numbers, but Ben Jones will make a massive difference to us in terms of experience and give us that extra cutting edge."

Jones, aged 26, played full-time at Doncaster and has since had two spells with Bradford Park Avenue and one with Witton Albion.

Midfielder Hopkins arrives from Stafford Rangers, where he has been on the fringe, while striker Smith started the season with Alsager Town before moving to Maine Road.

Leek’s defeat at Gateshead last weekend in their first league game since New Year’s Day kept them in the bottom three, but Ilkeston are only one place and two points higher.

The game is only Leek’s second at home in the league in three months and Ogden said: "This is a cup final for us and, for me, the season starts here. We have 12 home games left and only six away, so we have to start making the most of playing at Harrison Park."

Leek are still likely to be without centre-back Paul Booth, but newcomer Nick Ward proved a capable deputy at Gateshead.

Skipper Anthony Danylyk returns from a one-match ban and Leek have been strengthened in midfield by the return of Rob Hawthorne following a three-month absence with an injury.

I also noticed that Adam Carden who played with us 2 or 3 seasons back is now at FC United!

Is Ben Jones any good what qualities will he bring to Leek

He didn’t play that well for us in my opinion and the crowd started to get on his back a bit which made things worse, a player who likes to be loved or he will be off

Ben Jones scored some decent goals but the guy is a gobshite plain and simple. We had a penalty whilst he was ‘injured’ and engineering a move away from the club, and he stood behind goal trying to put the kicker off - and when we missed it he was laughing. idiot.

He’s had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

If he scores the winning goal against Fleetwood on Sat will u change your mind about him Robbo ? :wink:

No, he’ll still of had more clubs than Tiger Woods IMO.

::slight_smile:

No surprise here I reckon…

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=2030.0

Agent Farquarson - mission nearly accomplished!