Former Players

The Rory Fallon mentioned on Transfer Deadline Day, isn’t the same one that played for Witton.

2 rory fallons thers only 2 rory fallons, doesnt quite have the same ring to it ?

Midfielder Billy Reeves, who spent time on loan with Witton has joined Evo-Stik Premier Division Hyde United on a month’s loan.

Nice to see Junior Brown have a reasonable game tonight for Shrewsbury Town against Man UTD.

I remember him scoring the first goal against Lincoln back in 2008, and we went on to win 6-0, with Adam Warlow score a few, and Pritch scoring the sixth!

A good team.

I can’t believe how the referee passed the pitch as fit that day.

I see Danny Meadowcroft has been appointed Interim Manager at Barnton FC, for the rest of the season.

He, in turn, has appointed a well known figure to help and advice him in this role…Brian Pritchard.

Good Luck Danny & Brian!

I wonder how many times 3 former Witton players have been involved in a TV game.

Shaun Whalley didn’t have much to do on Monday, but I remember him playing well for us.

I don’t remember too much of Mickey Mellon when he was with us, though.

Not sure about Micky Mellons we have certainly seen a few “Melons” under our previous 2 managers :wink:

And good luck to Brian in his football comeback its nice to see him involved again.

Can anyone confirm that Jay Mathews and Callum Hassan have left the club?

matthews looked a good prospect so hope it’s not true

I have definitely read it somewhere that they have both been released ? both are OK but would now struggle to get in the 11 so understandable I suppose.

cant believe matthews has been let go,whats the reasoning behind it.

Two former Albion strikers, Ashley Stott & Steve Foster have signed for Ramsbottom United.

Is the squad that good now that we can do without Jay matthews? I don’t think so.
Saying that we can always replace him with a loan player :whistle:

Congratulations to former players Ben Harrison, Josh Hancock & their Manager (ex-Albion) Phil Parkinson on their victory for Nantwich Town in the F A Trophy to reach the Semi-Final.
GE

I have received information from the club this morning and have been asked to correct a previous posting. Witton Albion have confirmed that both Jay Matthews & Callum Hassan, ARE still registered with the club.

Former Witton midfielder Joe Shaw, has joined Ramsbottom United from Glossop North End.

Former Albion Goalkeeper & Goalkeeping Coach Andy Robertson, has joined Glossop North End from Sheffield FC.

Midfielder Sam Hughes, who had a loan spell at Witton scored twice as Cheater beat Aldershot 8-2 in the National League at The Lookers Vauxhall Stadium. Defender Ryan Ellison played the last 15 minutes for Stockport County in the Cheshire Senior Cup Semi Final, as they beat Northwich 3-0 at Edgeley Park.

According to social media Callum Hassan has signed for West Aukland.

Jay Matthews has joined Nuneaton Town.