Former Players

Former Albion defender Liam Brownhill has joined Ashton United on loan for the rest of the season from FC United.

Ex Witton left back Matt Doughty, has teamed up with Altrincham caretaker-manager Neil Tolson until the end of the season.

Scott Bakkor has signed for Skelmersdale United after leaving Clitheroe. Skem have also signed midfielder Michael Brewster, who had a loan spell with Witton on loan from Southport.

I see Pritch is using his Witton contacts for Barnton FC having signed Matt Doughty, Carl Frost, Jamie Harrison & Michael Powell. I’m not sure the referees in NWCFL Div 1 will know Mr Powell but I’m sure he’ll introduce himself.
Barnton reached the Final of the Reusch Cup, winning 5-4 on pens after an exciting 0-0 draw @ Stockport Town in Saturday’s Semi.
GE

Jamie Harrison scored on his Barnton debut as they beat Atherton Laburnum Rovers 3-0 at Townfield on Wednesday night.

Former Albion midfielder Jonathan Breeze has joined National League North club Corby Town from Welsh Premier League Cefn Druids.

Mike Moseley, Anthony Sheehan and Carl Clampitt have signed for Barnton.

[quote=“Woody” post=63895]Mike Moseley, Anthony Sheehan and Carl Clampitt have signed for Barnton.[/quote] Filming begins soon for new series of Last of the summer wine. :whistle:

Today at Townfield Lane, Barnton beat Whitchurch Alport 11-1 in a NWCFL fixture. Whitchurch have recently appointed former Witton Reserves manager Tony Ennion and he was amongst their named substitutes while, his son Dean was in the team. Another former Albion player, Jamie Harrison was in the Barnton side and a certain Brian Pritchard was named amongst the substitutes.

How sad to see Brian and Mike involved with another club. “Something smells in the state of Denmark.”
WHS.

Would rather see them here but not sad really- glad to see them in football enjoying themselves hopefully.

I spoke to Brian a while ago, he asked if I would like to join the Barnton club in some capacity or other but I declined. I am a Wittoner and I will return to watch the moment Vics and Rushe have gone. One thing for sure, with Brian and Mike’s contacts Barnton are going to be a force to be reckoned with at their level.
WHS.

WHS. So you’re staying away until vics and Rushe have gone? I’ve never seen him or any of their officials at a witton game. I’m sure there’s other people with the same mindset as you but not going to games is cutting your nose off to spite your face,so where’s your logic?

I have no wish to be involved with a club that excepts money from such a source. It is not logic but knowing right from wrong.
WHS.

Former Albion midfielder Anthony Danylyk has been appointed as the new manager of Leek Town, following the resignation of Lee Caswell.

National League North Stockport County, have released former Witton winger Jamie Menagh.

can we have him back please !

http://mobile.stockportcounty.com/news/article/county-announce-retained-list-for-201617-3094181.aspx

Says they’ve retained him here

No it doesnt it says these players have not been retained- so yes sign him up please. and they are talking to Ryan Ellison to see what they can agree - yes to him also.

Jamie Menagh and Ryan Ellison would be absolutely fantastic for us, they were both brilliant in their short spells with us!