Former Players

Striker Lee Cropper has left Leek Town to join Newcastle Town.

Zac Corbett has joined FC United of Manchester from Welsh Premier League Rhyl.

He must have improved somewhat

Stafford Rangers have released former Albion wing-back Matty Wood.

i would love to have him back

Was a good player but not sure his attitude is the best- I prefer team players. UTA

Where is TItch?
WHS.

Sadly there is little, if any, loyalty in football these days CJ at any level. Not seen us yet but from what Iā€™ve heard we are in desperate need of players of Mattyā€™s quality, Iā€™d love to see him back.

[quote=ā€œWHSā€ post=65646]Where is TItch?
WHS.[/quote]

I heard Colwyn Bay but that was several weeks ago?

Former Albion striker Dave Walker has rejoined Nantwich Town.

Was Matty Wood really THAT good? He hasnā€™t set the world alight since he left WP.

At that time, we had the two best attacking full backs in the league with Matty & Gards, that was recognised by the fact they both made the team of the season. Defensively, I didnā€™t think he was as good as he couldā€™ve been but was a real attacking threat because of his speed.

we still have gards and anybody who has seen pre season will know matty devine is a very good defender who is very quick and likes to get forward .we have a strong spine and a good goal threat .we have one of the best keepers in the league and a centre half who take no prisoners .paul Williams is a good player in centre midfield .with players around him who can play but also rat and upset other teams all in all we look strong with a good bench let battle commence UTA

well said Damage and I agree, Devine IMO will prove to be better than Woods overall as a left back and I think as an 11 and a squad we are better all round than last season and we will pick up players as we move into the season as players come free. UTA

Jon Dawson played for Brian Pritchardā€™s Widnes on Saturday and scored

They won again on Monday night and another ex Witton player Darrhyl Mason scored.

Goalkeeper Dylan Forth who had a brief spell at Witton, has joined Hyde United.

BELIEVE JON DAWSON,S GOAL WAS A 30 YARD VOLLEY !!

Good for Dawse, think everyone liked him at Witton and Im sure We wish him all the best, but we need to move on now and get behind Matty Devine his replacement and He looks a cracker also and more suited to left back IMO. UTA

iā€™ve not seen any friendlies but from what iā€™m reading on here there almost sounds like thereā€™s a bit of optimism surrounding the team :clap