Former Players

:frowning:

Disappointed ! despite his knee problems a good player who you would want to keep ? Still amazed how every other club can announce signings (even our players) but We cannot, we could do with some good news.

Very sorry to hear this. Tom is another one of our quality players
who will be missed . Always gave 100% and would run through brick walls for us.

Because they announce the player has “agreed terms” doesn’t mean they have signed. The clubs can’t register them before July 1st UNLESS they have already been released by their clubs. I may be wrong on that but that is how I understand it to work. My earlier point was that if a club can’t register a player before a certain date, they should not be allowed to make anything public until they do.
We try to do things in the correct way but the nature of social media makes it almost impossible to keep things out of the public domain for very long.

sorry to see Tom move on, but understandable when a higher league club comes in for a player. good luck Tom

[quote=“oddfellow” post=65065]sorry to see Tom move on, but understandable when a higher league club comes in for a player. good luck Tom[/quote]Colwyn Bay are not higher than us.

as was commented colwyn bay are’nt in a higher league but who in their right mind wants to be travelling to all corners for almost every away game.

Who wants to be travelling to Colwyn Bay for every home game? 156 miles round trip for Tom. There are only 5 away games this season where we travel more than this.

Agree with CJ doesn’t seem worth it when the players and other clubs are announcing signings, we as a club can’t? I think we all know where some of our squad from last season are going anyway.

Former Witton quartet Jon Beaumont, Kyle Diskin, Niall Green & Chris Baker have all agreed to leave Leek Town to join Newcastle Town.

Former Albion central defender Ian Kearney has joined Connah’s Quay Nomads after four years with Airbus FC. During his time with The Wingmakers, he made 73 appearances scoring 13 goals but missed fourteen months with a Cruciate Ligament injury.

I think from memory Ian is a manager at IKEA in Varrington in his proper career. So does this mean he will be playing in flat pack back four!!

I don’t get it :blink:

Alex Meechan, who had a brief spell at Witton is the new manager of National League North Bradford Park Avenue.

Central defender Toby Mullarkey who had a loan spell at Witton last season, has joined Leek Town following his release from Crewe Alexandra.

Former Witton defender Cliff Moyo has joined FC Halifax Town after leaving Alfreton Town.

Midfielder Gary Roberts has signed for Welsh Premier League Bangor City.

God help Bangor City, isnt Stephen Vaughan involved there in some capacity double help ?

Apparently, Vaughan’s company are sponsoring them this season.

I notice that Kieran Lugdon has along with his twin brother Kelvin left Glossop North End to join Shaw Lane