Former Players

Midfielder Regan Griffiths who had a brief loan spell at Wincham Park is in the Crewe Alexandra starting line-up for their EFL Trophy game at Hull City tonight. Owen Dale is amongst the substitutes but defender Luke Offord is not involved.

Former midfielder John Bishop has joined up with the Doctor Who team for the next series.

Defender James Short has left Runcorn Linnets to join Cymru North outfit Colwyn Bay.

Crewe Alexandra winger Owen Dale has been named the EFL One “Player of the Month” for December following a string of impressive performances.

Former Witton players featured on television over the weekend in relation to Chorley’s FA Cup exploits. Mark Edwards was interviewed on Friday’s BBC North West Tonight and highlights of Chorley’s victory against Wolves in 1986, a game in which “Eddy” scored were shown.

Goalkeeper Ian Senior was also fearured on BT Sport before the game.

Nicky Maynard moved from Mansfield Town to Newport County on loan on transfer deadline day.
GE

Liam Goulding has been named as captain of his Australian club Logan Lightning FC for the coming season.

Crewe Alexandra midfielder Regan Griffiths who had a brief loan spell at Wincham Park last season, has joined National League Notts County on loan until the end of the season.

Sad to read in the Northwich Guardian of the death, at 91, of former Witton & Vics full back Colin Barnes. Great footballer [I actually remember him more as a Vics player when my dad used to take me to watch them]. Condolences to his family.
GE

Very sad a good local footballer and club man . I can remember Colin playing for Witton when I first started watching Witton mid fifties

Former Witton midfielder Stuart Mellish has been appointed manager of Glossop North End. He had previously had a spell in charge at Warrington Town.

Runcorn Linnets have announced the signing of former Witton midfielder MJ Monaghan.

And 10 months 2 weeks later Mickey Mellon stands down at Dundee United FC.
GE

Micky Mellon re appointed Tranmere Rovers manager for a second spell.

Midfielder Tom Schofield has joined Northwich Victoria after leaving Congleton Town.

Should do well for them, played well for us till injured.

Defender Anthony Gardner has rejoined Vauxhall Motors for a second spell.

Just a thought, but do we HAVE a goalie, or is he staying at Halifax? Can’t really blame him for aiming higher, if so good luck to the lad!

I believe we are looking for a new keeper. Not 100% sure where Chris Renshaw has gone but heard a rumour Curzon?

During the latter part of the season he wasn’t involved in the FC Halifax Town squad because their second goalkeeper returned from injury. Nothing has been confirmed or announced yet regarding Chris’s whereabouts.