Former Players

F.A. Vase holders. They’ve got money. Not too surprising.

Forward James Hooper has joined North West Counties League side West Didsbury & Chorlton whilst midfielder Prince Haywood has signed for Colne.

Former Albion loanee, defender Jack Byrne has joined Lancaster City on loan from AFC Fylde.

Matlock Town have signed winger Osebi Abadaki from Ashton United.

Striker Kyle Sambor has joined Prescot Cables from Widnes FC.

Former Witton loanee Will Sutton is named amongst the substitutes for Oldham Athletic’s League Two clash with Northampton Town.

Two players who spent time on loan at the U Lock It Stadium during the 2021/22 season have been released by their respective clubs. Wing-back Nathan Woodthorpe is leaving relegated Crewe Alexandra, whilst Ben Pleavin will also leave Accrington Stanley.

Workington have parted company with manager Chris Willcock after missing out on the Northern Premier League West Division title to Warrington Rylands on the final day of the season. The Cumbrian side also missed out in the Play Offs, losing their semi-final against Marine 3-2 after extra time after being 2-0 up.

Chris Willcock made four appearances in a Witton shirt including two as a substitute in 2003 and scored one goal.

Danny Meadowcroft and a certain Brian Pritchard have left the Managerial positions at Cheadle Town FC.
GE

I wonder if they may apply ?

Former Workington manager Chris Willcock has been appointed at Stalybridge Celtic.

Atherton Collieries have announced the signing of much-travelled striker Scott Bakkor from Warrington Rylands.

AFC Telford United have released Harry Bower who enjoyed a loan spell at the U Lock It Stadium in the 2021/22 season.

Glasgow Rangers have released goalkeeper Andy Firth. The former Albion loanee spent the second half of last season on loan at Partick Thistle.

If he doesn’t go to Villa, he would be a great signing for us. I wonder if Jon has his number!

After being at clubs like Liverpool and Rangers, I can’t honestly see him dropping down to our level and I doubt very much that we could afford him anyway. Nice thought though!

Jamie Rainford has departed Glossop North End to become assistant manager to Runcorn Linnets new boss Dave Wild.

Attacking midfielder Harry Bower who had a successful loan spell at the U Lock It Stadium last season, has joined Macclesfield FC on a one-year deal after being released by AFC Telford United. He also has the option of a further year.

Whitby Town have signed former Witton Albion Development Squad centre half, Kevy Tarangadzo from Northern Premier League East Champions Liversedge.

Kevy made two first team appearances for the Albion during the 2016/17 season against Barnton in the Mid Cheshire Senior Cup and against Warrington Town in the Cheshire Senior Cup.

Curzon Ashton have announced the signing of Josh Hancock from Altrincham.