home draw for trophy

home to rushden and diamonds

1 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Stalybridge Celtic FC /<br>Hinckley United FC v Kettering Town FC <br> 2 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Lewes FC /<br>Oxford United FC v Halifax Town FC <br> 3 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Morecambe FC v Mangotsfield United FC <br> 4 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Altrincham FC /<br>Tamworth FC v Welling United FC /<br>Basingstoke Town FC <br> 5 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Newport County FC v Histon FC <br> 6 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Eastbourne Borough FC v Northwich Victoria FC <br> 7 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Exeter City FC v Kidderminster Harriers FC /<br>Vauxhall Motors FC <br> 8 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Salisbury City FC v Southport FC <br> 9 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Redditch United FC v Dagenham & Redbridge FC <br> 10 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Barrow FC /<br>Worcester City FC v Burton Albion FC <br> 11 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Witton Albion FC v Rushden & Diamonds FC <br> 12 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Weston Super Mare FC v Grays Athletic FC <br> 13 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Farnborough Town FC /<br>Bath City FC v Braintree Town FC <br> 14 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Stevenage Borough FC v Harrogate Town FC /<br>Leigh RMI FC <br> 15 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Yeading FC v Bishop’s Stortford FC <br> 16 13 Jan 2007 15:00 Gravesend & Northfleet FC v AFC Wimbledon <br>

Easy!! ;)<br>Good draw that

Could have been a lot worse. R & D are not the force they were and could well be slipping back into the lower reaches that once was where Irthlingborough Diamonds & Rushden Town operated before the Doc Martens chappie got involved. Currently 3rd bottom of the Conference on same points as two other teams. We’ve never played them before in any guise only personal drawback for me is I’m away for that match + the Arabs afterwards.<br><br>

How cruel isn’t it? that the lizards have to travel to another delightful Sussex seaside resort again.

Since Max Griggs (the Doc Martin guy) pulled out of Rushden they have been in free-fall. 2 relegations in 3 seasons i think, and looking like a relegation scrap this time.<br>Potentially win-able tie. Only draw back is they’re unlikely to bring a big crowd.

What time does the coach pick up from town??

Rushden have a press conf today at 3pm to announce their new manager. As long as it’s not Jim Vincio we’re alright!

Curtis Woodhouse plays for them.<br>His boxing career lasted a long time didnt it!!

See we have a new member already - rdfc! Welcome!!

Not yet. Any offers gratefully welcome.<br><br>GE<br>

They play away at Alty the week before on the 6th so dont know wether their fans will fancy 2 trips to north west on consecutive weeks.

Decent draw i think will hopefully be able to go and it will be the last match b4 i go back to dundee only reason i wont make it is if i go to Old Trafford lol COme on Witton!!

Got to be seen as a good draw, ex league club at home. They have just announced a new manager so maybe an increase in their support over the next couple of weeks may see a decent crowd. A unibond cup game the week before against Bamber Bridge (maybe a chance to give a run out to the fringe players and have everyone fresh for this tie) and then another home cup match on the tuesday against a conference team (the name escapes me) which should again bring in a decent crowd. Three cup ties in a row in January, when was the last time we enjoyed that?<br><br> A big well done to everyone for how well we have done so far I will enjoy my Christmas turkey and new year celebrations just that little bit more this year!!! but please don’t sit back now YOUR support is needed so don’t forget to keep the donations coming and lets show the team how much we want to keep them together!!!

Fantastic! Managed to get back on the forum under a new guise. For MONA read Moaner because thats usually under the last few managers what we had to do. This is not the case under our "Vinceo" however. He and Benny are doing a great job though sometimes I don’t always agree with Jim’s substitutions (Saturday was an exception)! <br>

Sorry messed up my typing. I just wanna say its fantastic at Witton these days. You younger fans are great with your vocal support and long may you keep it up but remember to keep it clean. I loved the Streaker song on saturday and the banter in their club after was brilliant as well as the players you lot did the club proud but always keep in mind that when you wear the red and white shirts or yellow as on saturday you are representing the club. As a fan of fifty years I’m really proud of you all at the moment. Oh and by the way we’ll beat rushden never fear and that other well supported team over the canal all in the same week. Did they really only get 503 on saturday.Maybe Mr C has banned the rest!! Well done everyone lets keep it going and try and spend your money in our club rater than the Penny Black whenever you can.

I have to agree, why are the lads in the Penny Black if the Club is open? I forcast a big gate, it is there only hope of anything this season, 1,000 or more if the missing Wittoners finally turn up. No excuses, my son who lives in Birmingham will be there, so if you live locally you should be there too.<br>WHS.

never fear we will be in the club early doors. Penny Black is just a central place to meet up for a bit of grub etc.<br>R&D forcast they will bring a massive 20 (twenty) with them. Without wishing to criticise another team’s support i must say that’s pretty poor going for a team that were at League 1 standard a few seasons back. When we’re taking 30 or 40 to Frickley on a wet Tuesday night, i think you’d expect better from a Conference side.<br>I have confidence that we can get a result, and even if we don’t then there will be no shame if we at least do ourselves justice - and that counts both on and off the pitch.<br>I’ll be spending the next few weeks trying to entice some of my colleagues back down to Wincham Park for the game. The amount of people i know who went to the Trophy final in 92 but wont come near the place now drives me mad!!<br><br>In the meantime, might be an idea to try and think of some fundraising activity for the day?? On the coach trips we’ve had the golden goals/football cards etc, so we could do with something similar to raise a bit towards the playing fund.

Personally I think its a terrific draw - don’t think we could have got a much more attractive side despite their current position they are still associated with their recent past glories and may draw a bit of extra attention in the press as a potential giant killing.<br><br>for once I think its true to say we have a much more attractive game than the rentboys on the day and it should guaruntee a decent crowd (although not massive) replay anyone…

Trying to get some of the stayaway fans back is hard going, but the teams results are beginning to speak for themselves. I do think a lot of Rushden supporters will come on the 13th in the hope of seeing their team at least progress in the cup, getting a new manager may help too, they are bound to want to give him a chance, sadly we will see him off with nothing to show for his efforts.<br>WHS.