Prescot Cables vs Witton Albion

Information for supporters travelling to Prescot on Tuesday is as follows:

M6 to Junction 21A (M62 - Junction 10). Follow the M62 towards Liverpool, to junction 7. Then follow A57 to Rainhill and Prescot. At "Fusilier" Public House, continue through traffic lights for 100 yards then turn right at "Hope And Anchor" Public House into Hope Street. The ground is at the bottom of the road.

Parking: Street parking is available, although there is a car park in the town centre nearby. The nearest parking for disabled drivers is also in the town centre nearby.

Admission Prices: Adults ?7, Concessions ?4, Under 16s ?2.
Matchday Programme: Cost unavailable at the time of writing.

Disabled Facilities: The area reserved for wheelchair users is located amongst the terracing behind the goal.

I know that many of you will have other directions however, the directions which I have provided have come from the Prescot Cables website.

For those supporters not travelling to the game, updates will appear here from 7.30 onwards.

Extracted from the Northwich Guardian Website:-

"Prescot Cables v Witton preview
By Andrew Simpson

THE prize for a win at Prescot will be third place for Witton.

Jim Vince’s men claw back one of their games in hand at Valerie Park tonight and the Albion boss knows just how important maximum points could be.

"I’m thinking only about this game," he told the Guardian yesterday, Monday.

"The players know what is at stake."

Witton face a tough task, with Cables victorious in four of their past six home matches.

But Albion are just as strong on the road, with five wins in their last half dozen away days.

Carl Frost (thigh) will miss tonight’s tussle after limping off against Marine on Saturday, so Vince will be forced to make at least one change. Mark Peers should step in.

Meanwhile Tony Barras is still trying so shake off a flu bug.

Shaun Miller (hamstring) is definitely out."

would be good to have peersy come back in! will that be his first start after his injury? hopefully barras will be able to shake off the flu tonightr! Come on Witton!

Shaun Miller has returned to Crewe Alex.

Witton have signed Andy Barlow as cover.

GE

I thought I recognised Andy at Saturday’s match and I’m sure he will do a job for us if needed. Welcome back Andy!!! All the best tonight lads lets keep the run going and who knows what could happen.

Match updates from, well when I can get the team!

Witton team

Kennedy, Peers, Brownhill, Pritchard, Barras, Spearritt, Alex Brown, Connors, Moseley, Griff Jones, Lloyd.

Subs: Warlow, Clegg, Hockenhull.[br][size=1]Posted on: February 13, 2007, 07:42:20 PM[/size][hr]A lot of rain at Prescot and a great deal of surface water on the pitch.

decent team out lets hope the rain calms down and we get a match completed as we dont need our fixture list clogging up anymore! O and come on boys lets have another win! Come on Witton!

Telford 1- 0 down at Fleetwood.

Great news! lets hope fleetwood can keep it up! Come on Witton!

Half Time Score: PRESCOT CABLES 0 WITTON ALBION 0.

Think that Telford score can be changed to Fleetwood 2 Telford 0! Gr8 goin by fleetwood so far! Shame we haven’t scored yet but theres still 45 mins to go! Come on Witton!

Albion played the better football during the first half but just not managed to break the deadlock.

Fleetwood now 3 - 0 up against Telford. Come on Witton, 3 points tonight puts us right in the mix.

Latest Score: PRESCOT CABLES 0 WITTON ALBION 0.

Albion Substitution: Mike Moseley replaced by Adam Warlow.

Prescot down to 10 men, the centre forward dismissed for a challenge on Jon Kennedy. He had been booked earlier but was given a straight red for the callenge on JK.[br][size=1]Posted on: February 13, 2007, 09:06:50 PM[/size][hr]Latest Score: PRESCOT CABLES 1 WITTON ALBION 0.

As soon as I saw they were down to 10 men I knew that would happen :frowning:

Come on Mike, keep the faith - we’ve gone a goal down in some recent games and clawed it back. I admit tough ask though, Prescots home form is pretty decent, almost as good as our away form.

Where’s every1 gettin the results from? Everywhere i look its 0-0 ??? :-

Latest Score: PRESCOT CABLES 1 WITTON ALBION 1.

Stevie Connors header then he was booked for celebrating the goal.

Come on Witton!!

In the words of all great midwives…Push!