Social Club

As you are aware the Club is making considerable investment in the Club to improve the facilities and generate more business. <br><br>The next stage of work commences next week with the refurbishment, much needed, of the toilets.<br><br>We are working on developing the club as a venue for Conferences, Seminars, Training etc as well as a venue for the normal functions. We are able to offer clients three rooms, The Boardroom, Stelfox Lounge and the other room. The large room, whatever you want to call it does not have a name.<br><br>I would like to hear from supporters with some suggestions, for instance The Wincham Suite, a thought. Either put them on here or come and see me at the game next Monday and we can take it from there. <br><br>Get your thinking hats on, a major marketing campaign is planned for early 2005 and I am looking for an attractive name.

The emerald suite would go down well, but I rather think your wasting your time with any refurbishments when Mr C is spending hundreds of thousands on making the VS the best facility in Cheshire in terms of corporate/business functions not to mention everything else. Keep hold of your money- you’ll need it very soon!

You haven’t even built a ground you idiot so I think a fantastic corporate suite is at least 25 years off yet.

JGG who ever you are, you come across as being a first class plonker who thinks he knows it all, but in reality knows very little.<br><br>All the rubbish you predict is absolutely of no consequence to Witton Albion Football Club, our club, shareholders etc have the confidence to allow the Board to run the Club in a professional manner and on a sound business footing.<br><br>Good luck to Mike Connett, have met him several times and had some intertesting conversations with him, no one can predict what the future has instal for any of the teams, but one is certain Mike will not throw money at running a loss making football club for ever.

What about the Albion Supporters Suite?

Albion suite??

[quote]JGG who ever you are, you come across as being a first class plonker who thinks he knows it all, but in reality knows very little.

All the rubbish you predict is absolutely of no consequence to Witton Albion Football Club, our club, shareholders etc have the confidence to allow the Board to run the Club in a professional manner and on a sound business footing.

Good luck to Mike Connett, have met him several times and had some intertesting conversations with him, no one can predict what the future has instal for any of the teams, but one is certain Mike will not throw money at running a loss making football club for ever.[/quote]<br><br><br>Whatever you say Mr S,but I rather think that when we do leave WP there will be a significant consequence to your football club!! As for MC not throwing money at a loss making football club, I think he’s more than done his homework on this one and has recognized the huge potential at Cheshire’s biggest ‘non’ league club. Our support will soon be re-united and then we can look at the real picture in terms of profit/loss etc, one fact is certain NVFC will be far more healthier when we leave WP, nearly 3 years playing every game way from home would have a negative impact on any club!

Oh he’d done his homework alright lol! Allow a football club to go into administration, buy it for next to nothing and every penny that any of the facilitys make will be all mine… [smiley=banane.gif]

You mentioned a word there the JGG missed Rob, shareholderS (plural). <br><br>Serious points now:<br><br>Albion suite/lounge/bar<br><br>Wincham suite/lounge/bar<br><br>Albions suite/lounge/bar<br><br>I like the word suite anyway - we do already have a lounge next door.

Oh JGG how naive or green you are, the fact remains that Mike Conett is a very astute business man who has made his money through business and hard work. So you can rest assured that he will not continue to support a loss making area of his business.<br><br>The bottom line is that NVFC is only in existence as long as Mike Conett wishes it to be, if he has to continue spending money then there is no doubt that the land he owns will be the subject of a change of use.<br><br>Secondly, the money WAFC has received this season has been a bonus. All our budgets were worked out prior to any agreement with NVFC to use our ground unitl the end of the season. So you are incorrect in your assumption that we will suffer.<br><br>Finally you may recall that when WAFC went into administration with the same company, a new board was formed who were able to negotiate a settlement with all creditors without shareholders losing there money. Yes it was a struggle and yes it was hard work but we have survived, the shareholders still have there shares and an input into the business, does the same apply to your Club?<br><br>Thanks for your interest and your entertaining comments always brings a chuckle to our Board Meetings.

Biggest in non-league club in Cheshire? Doubt it. Even though they are in a higher league I think Altrincham as a club are bigger and better supported.

Bitter Suite?<br><br>Or does JGG want the rights for that name to be used elsewhere?<br><br>How about selling the ‘name’ on a yearly basis to whoever wishes to sponsor it?<br><br>Carlsberg Suite - Tetley Suite - or is that sponsorship gone too far?<br><br>Happy New Year! :slight_smile: <br><br> <br><br> <br>

???Before we start naming it - Lets start staffing it!<br><br>Half Time was an absolute joke, I was one of MANY who gave up on the trad half time pint, bcos there was only one person serving. Where was the Club steward?<br><br>The poor guy behind the bar was doing his best in an impossible situation.

Sent home ill is the answer to your question, the staffing levels were more than adequate for the amount of money we have been taking at home matches. <br><br>Why not pre order drinks that will be ready for half time and by the way we do not employ a Club Steward. <br><br>

With our league performances I think the social club should be called the Unibond Consolidation For This Season Suite.

I don’t know because I’m not a buisness man but maybe if more people could actually get a drink we might take more money and be able to pay an extra member of staff which might lead to taking more money which might lead to …hey who knows where this might lead

social club<br><br> <br>I have just got to say from where i was standing no one walked away from the bar <br>and those who did it was there own fault for not being patient. Everyone that stayed at the bar had a drink and engoyed it. And i would just like to say that if people moved from the bar after being <br>served more people can get served thank you <br> <br>

Not a major issue i know but how can a club steward be sent home ill if we dont employ one?<br><br>Is that not a contradiction?<br><br>I saw a number of people who looked at the queues or waited a while and then gave up. People will not spend 10 mins waiting for a drink when half time only lasts 15 mins.<br>

We employ a Functions and Facilities Manager who works full time at the Club and who is doing a very good job at developing business. <br><br>Sadly illness does occur at times and cannot be helped which left us short on Monday. <br><br>Some people like to make a mountain out of a molehill, but you have to have very broad shoulders to work at Witton Albion as there are so many people who love to complain.

I think rob is right lots of work goes on that a lot of people do not now about.<br><br>and if they did they would leave it takes alot of doing and more to keep going when people complain about notheing.<br><br>I am 100% behind all the staff that work there and think they do a very good job.