Telford game

I think the issue that worries most of us is that we seem to be hurtling headlong into the fixture congestion that we suffered last year. If that happens our chances of making the play offs could jeopardised never mind winning the league.

Given we are forced to give over Saturdays to play cup competitions and that WP is the venue for the CSC final we are already in a bit of a mess. (Personally I would ask Cheshire FA to move the game to help us get a league game instead)

Given the above, I can’t see the management or team being delighted by the decision last night - although I accept it was probably the correct one given the state of the pitch.

Taking on Chads point about protecting the soft areas of the pitch - I think we all may have to help the groundstaff if we are not to lose any more matches and compound the problem further.

Knutsfordian u r dead right . More volunteers are needed. I am reliably informed it takes 8 (as in Brighton 8) persons to move Chads covers around. So may I suggest as many supporters as possible leave mobile numbers with the existing volunteers so that in such an eventuality as Tuesday more can be done.
The voluntary groundstaff need appreciation for their sterling work NOT criticism.

See u all at Fleetwood

Don’t think anyone is criticising, only expressing frustration.

For the record, by all accounts Benny and Jim were fuming about the game being off.

Lads, we lost on a mud heap on Saturday, personally I am glad it was called off. We can manage the extra fixtures, we have a good squad of players. The reserves and fringe players should play at Fleetwood to give the first teamers a good rest before the final push to the championship.
WHS.

Wasn’t in the country on Tuesday - but it was very wet at WP when I left.

The referee will have called the game off (at a time to suit him (& not either team) because the pitch was waterlogged AND CONSTITUTED A DANGER TO PLAYERS. End of …

If Jim & Benny were fuming (which I doubt) - tough.

We can’t play it next Tuesday or any other League game because we & any opponents do not have 7 days notice.

We can’t play the reserves or fringe players at Fleetwood (if it’s on) as Jim will have to pay them as well as the contract players so will go over his budget - which he can’t do.

The lads work very hard on the pitch. Regarding the covers only they will know why they’re not used.

Regarding the outstanding fixtures - don’t panic - the two outstanding League games against Gateshead & AFC Telford United will probably slot into the two free midweeks in April.

Calm down, calm down.

Oh it’s so good to be back.

GE

G.E.
Not paying the small amount over the budget may prove extremely costly in the long run, Fleetwood will be flat out to win this one, I just hope non of our team finish "flat out"
WHS.

taken from telfords forum: ;D ;D 8)

Cant see us winning the league, our form has been terrible by the time we play again now, it will be two months without a win - whatever way you look at it that is woeful.

Witton for the league now surely. I just hope we sort ourselves out for the play-offs.

—Proud to be Telfordian—

junior_buck92 Posted: Mar 10 2007, 05:21 PM

Goal Scoring Midfielder

Group: Members
Member No.: 875

i 100% agree … i think the title is now in favour for Witton considering our run of poor form as much as i hate to say it i think the playoffs are the safest option now unless we can turn it around COME ON THE BUCKS !!!