The 2nd Annual Beer Festival

Early days but now you can plan your holidays around it :woohoo:

The date is confirmed as Thursday 17th May to Saturday 19th May. The festival will be open Thursday night, Friday night till midnight and Saturday from noon till midnight.

There will be 12 real ales and 3 ciders (hopefully including a moonshine :silly: ) and they should be largely local beers, with a variety of different choices.

The Champions League final will be on on Saturday if anybody wants to watch Barcelona win another trophy whilst sampling some of the North West’s finest ales.

Saturday night there will be live music from Sam Smith & Company, a Manchester band who will be supporting Northern Uproar on their comeback gigs soon, so it should be a lively night.

As ever, all profits from the event will go straight in to the Wincham Park Development Fund, and by that time will hopefully be used towards strengthening the squad for an assault on the Evo-stik Premier!

As you’ll imagine, the costs of setting up these festivals are heavy, with the beer, the barrell setup and the music so the more people we can get down there the better! It’ll be advertised locally so hopefully there’s a good turn out, but at the very least it’d be great if the regular match goers turned up at least once!

Tickets are £5 (I think £2.50 on Thursday - will check) and will go on sale nearer to the event. Once inside, you can buy tokens @ £5 for four tokens (£1.25 each). Each half pint is one token, so essentially, it’s £2.50 a pint which compares favourably to current pint prices. Not to mention it’s much superior to the mass manufactured lager served in town!!

Hot food will be available on the night, so make sure you come down and support Witton! It’s not often you can tell the other half you’re going out to get drunk for a good cause so make the most of it!

[hide]Sponsorship of the ales is still available although we expect to fill that shortly. However, if anybody is desperate to sponsor a barrell just post in here or see Neil.

Finally, there are plenty of volunteers for manning the pumps but if anyone wishes to help, just let us know. We’ll probably need people on the door checking/selling tickets so hopefully we can get enough volunteers that people only need do an hour each.[/hide]

UTA!

Just checking: Sat 19th or Sun 20th?

:laugh: really enjoyed it last year even though i’am not an ale drinker, there’s sure to be an ale or cider for everyones taste. loads of fun last year finding out which was my favourite :sick: get your family and friends down for this great event. it hopefully could turn into an end of season celebration. UTA

It is Saturday 19th - any left overs will be sold cheap on the Sunday!

I missed it last year as I was on Mallorca, this year I come back on the 17th May so I will be there this time. (God and Easyjet willing).
WHS.

Evening folks, we now have a facebook group page: [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/267201910020058/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/267201910020058/[/url]
And an event page: [url=https://www.facebook.com/events/226416624119063/]https://www.facebook.com/events/226416624119063/[/url]

Not sure the difference so did both!

Feel free to add your friends to them both!

Since the season will have finished we are offering the chance to get your Saturday 3pm Witton fix!

It will be almost 20 years to the day since Wembley so the FA Trophy final will be shown on the big screen at 3pm, so dig out the old shirts and breathe in :woohoo:

One of my adverts has been in my car over the last few weeks so has spent two weeks parked all over Birmingham, two days in Much Wenlock (Home of the Modern Olympic Games) and of course Car parks all over Northwich. Am I in with a shout for a prize? Looking forward to the event but not the Final, I hate to see Witton lose!!
WHS.

Hi WHS,

We need a picture of it from whatever location you want. We’ll get them displayed during the festival and then find somebody to judge the winner.

I wont be judging but I expect the Mestalla will beat M&S car park :stuck_out_tongue:

Right just a gentle reminder on this one.

The bands are now booked and the Wembley (20 years remember) will be shown on the Saturday afternoon.

We still require a further barrell sponsor at £85 if anyone is interested out there?

Tickets are on sale and we also need volunteers to do the usual leafletting so please let me know if you can do a couple hundred in your spare time.

Thanks in advance

Our friends Sam Smith & Company, who are doing us the great favour of playing the beer festival at a much reduced rate are looking for votes for a Band of the Month competition here: http://klinkhaus.com/artist-of-the-month/

Only takes a sec, all votes appreciated im sure!

I appreciate there’s a lot going on lately but it has now been confirmed, by popular demand, that Albion 125 will be available in bottles at the festival.

We’ll have 125 limited edition, indivdually numbered 500ml bottles for sale at £3 each, and once they’re gone, they are gone.

So grab yourself a souvenir to celebrate 125 years.

Here’s to another 125 years of being the top (only?!) team in town!

The tasting notes!

1 Bank Top Brewery, Bolton Flat Cap 4% abv
A pale bitter with a citrus aroma and hoppy, citrus finish
Sponsored by JP Ceramics

2 Brecon Brewing, Brecon Diamond Beacons 4.3% abv
An imperious red ale from Brecon Brewing, brewed with a wealth of Sovereign hops – smooth, elegant and eminently enjoyable – the best way to toast sixty regal years.
Sponsored by Phil’s Fuels

3 Happy Valley, Bollington Black Magic 4.6% abv
A rounded flavour of traditional Stout and Porter, the use of Oatmeal Dark Roasted Malt and Roasted Barley gives this ale the full “Meal in a Glass”. A full bodied hearty malt taste with a bitter finish
Sponsored by Newbury Data

4 Lymestone Brewery, Stone Stone the Crows 5.2% abv
A rich red to black beer carefully crafted from the finest crystal and chocolate malts. Chewy juicy fruit flavours give way to a deep lingering bitterness provided by an abundance of Styrian Goldings, Millenium and Nugget hops
Sponsored by G&B Motors

5 Merlin Brewery, Arclid Wizard 4.2% abv
The Wizard is a tremendous ale, bursting with flavour and taste. Light Amber in colour, it’s an enchanting beer with an unmistakable and delightful aroma that’s followed with flavours that leave you wanting more and more
Sponsored by Durable Castings

6 Offbeat Brewery, Crewe Oddball Red 4.2% abv
A delicious ruby red ale from our friends at Offbeat Brewery in Crewe, with masses of Columbus hops giving a spicy flavour and finish. The bold fruitiness of this ale will surprise the uninitiated but you’ll be back for more!
Sponsored by Mickey Toones

7 Offbeat Brewery, Crewe Witton Albion 125 4.1% abv
Another from Offbeat, and the one you’ve all been waiting for! A festival special made to celebrate the 125th anniversary of Witton Albion Football Club. A light, golden session ale late hopped for a burst of citrus flavours
Sponsored by Vijay & Dave Spruce

8 Raw Brewing, Staveley Weiss Geist IPA 5.9% abv
White Ghost – A Cloudy Wheat beer with the Grey Ghost hops. An interesting flavour combination of oranges and cloves from the wheat beer and the signature Ghost IPA hop kick

Sponsored by Ed Stretch-Massage

9 Red Willow, Macclesfield Feckless 4.1% abv
A classic English Bitter but a bit more so!
Sponsored by Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants

10 Steel City, Sheffield Draconian Times 4.6% abv
An ale not to be missed from this maverick brewery who love their hops. Brace yourself for high bitterness, pale in colour and intense tropical fruit taste from the Galaxy, Simcoe, Citra and Motueka
Sponsored by Dobsons Buses

11 Tatton Brewery, Knutsford Tatton Blonde 4% abv
A blonde beer with a hoppy, fruity taste and a fine fruity aroma.
Sponsored by The Witton Albion Groundstaff

12 Waen Brewery, Llanidloes Chili Plum Porter 6.1% abv
Full-on porter with plum and chilli in the finish
Sponsored by Signature Bathrooms

13 Cheshire Dry Cider 7.5% abv
Locally hand-picked culinary apples from Cheshire orchards are hand-pressed and fermented with traditional Dabinett and Michelin vintage cider fruit from Herefordshire. A slightly hazy, deep amber coloured cider that is tannin-rich with low acidity and overall earthy roundness.

Sponsored by Beer Festival Services

14 Harry Masters Jersey 6.8% abv
Hand-pressed from a single-variety of vintage Herefordshire cider apple – the Harry Masters Jersey. Golden straw coloured, with subtle tannins and low acidity, it retains a hint of sherberty appleness.

Sponsored by Full of Beans

15 Broadoak, Somerset Moonshine 7.5% abv
A clear white cider with a kick like a mule!

Sponsored by Club Class Taxis & Ron Moy

We are a bit light on volunteers on Saturday night, so if anyone is interested in helping out just let me or Neil know. We only need a couple.

Cheers.

Yox.

Dont forget that the festival begins tonight and admission is £2.50 if you bring a flyer (otherwise £5).

This is the first chance anyone has to taste Witton Albion 125! As Mr Robinson says, “Witton Albion 125 should appeal to anyone who enjoys a tipple. We decided to late hop the ale to give it a burst of citrus flavours. It’s truly unique, and won’t be sold anywhere else.”

I believe that Vics are sponsoring four of the beers called sinking fast,down down,relegation delight and The green green grass of maybe here or maybe there??? SBL

Had a really good night down the club tonight, and tasted 8 different real ales.

I was not a lover of real ale, but after tasting what was on offer last year and tonight, I have been converted.

[quote=“Thatched tavern” post=43736]Had a really good night down the club tonight, and tasted 8 different real ales.

I was not a lover of real ale, but after tasting what was on offer last year and tonight, I have been converted.[/quote]

Great stuff, there’s so much choice it’s hard to go away without finding at least a couple that you enjoy.

Sorry to say I can`t make it to the beer festival. I have two bookings tomorrow, so I best stay fresh for my clients.I hope everyone has a great time. :slight_smile:

Same applies to me, I have two “do’s”, one tonight,one tomorrow night. Best of luck.
WHS.