Town football clubs meet.

Any news??

There wil be no news yet, a meeting like this will be over in seconds or go on all night.
WHS.

I don’t know why we’re meeting with Barnton anyway?

What’s going on?

It looks like there is a very serious discussion going on, otherwise it would have been over by now. Personally I think Vics want to come to Witton to play, that ground was always far too big for them, as it would be for us. Only a combined team could get anywhere near enough supporters in to make it viable. No, I am not suggesting amalgamation, just staing a fact. If Vics do completely disappear we might pick up enough support to just about make it viable, but I am not even sure of that. But even so, selling our ground and buying theirs and making a couple of million in doing so makes financial sense because we could then sell their ground and move on again, the land would surely be worth a few million in the next few years as demand for housing increases, as it surely will. I believe that in the end we will be playing at Moss Farm in a purpose built stadium as our ex chairman envisaged, only we will have so much money to put in that the council will find impossible to turn it down.
WHS.

It has now gone 11-00pm and I am worried that nothing has appeared on the site regarding the meeting, I don’t like secrets.
WHS.

WHS wrote:

[quote]It has now gone 11-00pm and I am worried that nothing has appeared on the site regarding the meeting, I don’t like secrets.
WHS.[/quote]

I don’t think there are any secrets. Mark took on the role of Acting Chairman rather than Chairman, as he was aware that he has work commitments, which means he struggles to give 100% to Witton Albion.

For example, Mark hoped he was going to announce the new management team at 09:00hrs on Tuesday morning, but because he was involved in a work related meeting in Exeter till gone noon, the announcement was delayed until about 12:45pm.

Talking to Mark last night until very late into the evening, I know he had several major meetings today, not all to do with Northwich Victoria. I know we are all curious, as Mark is, as to what Jim Rushe has to say, but we must give Mark time to consolidate his thoughts before going public with what was discussed.

Thank you TT for the reassurance.
Appreciate it.

Fair enough TT.
WHS.

From information from a freind who’s a vic’s fan he reckons that Connett has gone bust and the stadium is now in the hands of a finance company who will be selling it off to the highest bidder which won’t be vic’s as they can’t afford it due to a 350k tax bill to pay.

So I would assume the meeting would be about Northwich renting Wincham Park for the foreseeable future.
I can’t see the Victoria Stadium being bought by another sports and it cannot be sold for housing so the rumour is it will be dimolished and a large marina will be built.

That might be a good opportunity for us to purchase some of the better assetts of VS at a knock down price i.e the Danebank, floodlights etc and really develop Wincham Park.

All rumour and speculation you understand but I don’t think Jim Rushe would be meeting with Mark unless Vic’s were right in the you know what!!!

How sad, there but for the grace of God would go us. Football Clubs are learning the hard way that they have to be financially sound and if not they go to the wall.
WHS.

Am I Dreaming ?

For the sake of the future of football in Mid-Cheshire I think it is time for supporters of both Witton and Vcs to get their heads out of the sand. WHS you are right the future is down at Moss Farm,the location is right as well,it is where cricket,rugby,swimming and junior football takes place and would be graced by a stadium for football and maybe concerts. The Council could purchase Witton,s ground and probably make a bit on it when they sell it on to property developers. They could build a stadium down at Moss Farm with an artificial pitch ( like Woodley Sports ) for the use of both teams with a grandstand similar to Nantwich with facilities for fund raising functions for both teams. The council could have the bar and catering facilities and be responsible for ground security. Witton would still be run by the shareholders who wished to remain so ( as a Trust say ) and those who don’t could cash in their shares. We would have enough money to get rid of our debt and move forward. Vcs already have a Trust going so if they wanted to move to Moss Farm then I for one would not be against it.

And then I woke up…

Eli for Prime Minister!!!

eligorton wrote:

[quote]Am I Dreaming ?

For the sake of the future of football in Mid-Cheshire I think it is time for supporters of both Witton and Vcs to get their heads out of the sand. WHS you are right the future is down at Moss Farm,the location is right as well,it is where cricket,rugby,swimming and junior football takes place and would be graced by a stadium for football and maybe concerts. The Council could purchase Witton,s ground and probably make a bit on it when they sell it on to property developers. They could build a stadium down at Moss Farm with an artificial pitch ( like Woodley Sports ) for the use of both teams with a grandstand similar to Nantwich with facilities for fund raising functions for both teams. The council could have the bar and catering facilities and be responsible for ground security. Witton would still be run by the shareholders who wished to remain so ( as a Trust say ) and those who don’t could cash in their shares. We would have enough money to get rid of our debt and move forward. Vcs already have a Trust going so if they wanted to move to Moss Farm then I for one would not be against it.

And then I woke up…[/quote]

What…and have Vics and Witton football hooligans down Moss Farm where I live!

Seriously, you make very good sense, albeit the finer details may need tuning.

However, this would need a council that had some vision and leadership qualities to make this happen.

Eli for Lord Mare, sorry, Lord Mayor.

I’ll second that !!

Major problem Eli, we have millions from the sale of our ground if we move to Moss Farm, Vics have not got a pot to p…s in!!!
WHS.

I prefer Mr Rushe’s idea, we should get a massive loan based on our ‘Possible Sale of our assets’ and then we should buy the 2 sided VS and rent it back to Vics = genius!!!

And then he woke up!!!

I think we’re all gonna have deja vu soon - I remember Messrs Jumps, Flavells, Conneellys etc (70s) - all singing ‘Here comes the taxman’ to the inhabitants of the original swamp aka Paddy(Drill) Field.

The one thing that MUST NOT HAPPEN is amalgamation. If the two clubs amalgamate into Vale Royal Rovers or some such, it will give me all the excuse I need never to watch a local football match again and I certainly won’t be handing over any of my hard earned cash. I believe that amalgamation will reduce the numbers who watch local football, not increase it. Let Vics die, they would do it to us. With only one team in town it must be to our advantage.
WHS.

I’m led to believe the Arabs have a 25 year lease with whoever buys the
Marstons Arena, if this is the case then surly this rules them out of a groundshare…unless its in the two sided stadium. So that rules out a joint move to Moss Farm. Why oh why does the subject of a groundshare or
merger always come up when they are deep in the sh*t, did they request it when we had our backs to the wall a few years ago, no, lets wait and see what develops over the water…and Chad Junior, Conneely has one
l in it, as if I would sing and dance at the Trickies demise, perish the thought

How did those Baggies get on at the weekend? I’ve not had chance to check

:stuck_out_tongue: