witton`s best keeper/worst

Top choice of keeper mike ;D Bob was a fantastic keeper for Witton.<br>It was a shame that his stay with Witton wasn`t longer.<br>I can remember that he joined the RAF. Does anyone know where he is now?

andy oakes was the worst his mistake against at telford in the fa cup lost us the match

I think that we should take into account that Andy was only a young lad when he played for Witton. Like gcrouch said as a goal keeper you get better with age.

Cheers pencil id go for Phil Mcging he wasnt really that good and as im only 24 id say my best 3 are Keith Mason, Jon Kennedy and Paul Gibson all are/were good and did/do the job to there best and we cant ask any more. its the worst place for any one to play so we should be lucky they want to play there for us. keep going JK your haveing a great season for us and your my player of the season all ready. [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

<br>Gibbo is a good keeper. when he got injured i thought that it would be unlikely<br>that we would sign a keeper as good as Paul, but as luck would have it we signed Kennedy<br>and what a keeper he is ;D

anybody know how gibbo is ???

still touring the world i heard<br>

We could all be talking about JK on this forum in a few years I thought it would be difficult to replace Gibbo but to get someone better has been a real boost for the club. I haven’t seen him play myself yet but I’m told we have an excellent keeper in the reserves too so hopefully our tradition of keepers will carry on for xome time yet! <br><br>ps nobody has mentioned Ian Senior yet!! ;D<br><br>he’s in the paper this week having just signed for his 494th club

IAN SENIOR, now theres a blast from the past. I thought that Ian was ok as a keeper.&lt;br&gt;I think he had a good srart with Witton, didnt he keep six clean sheets, in his first six games for Witton ?

Ian Senior has coached the reserve keeper for a number of years now and he passed him on to the club.

that`s good of him :slight_smile:

<br>Andy you have opened a can of worms for your self Steves mother who is also a serious city fan, and wishes to remind you that City youth team beat Uniteds youth team in the final of the youth cup and that Steven was Superior, is now coming for you.better watch your back

Whats he going to do ? Drop him ;D

Chad, any chance of you doing another list going back to bell ?<br><br> p.s. i don`t like sprouts ;D<br> <br> MERRY CHRISTMAS ;D ;D ;D

Re the Chris Nicol incident when he lost a contact lense. I heard Ken Barnes say in the bar one night that the reason Chris did not play well under lights was because he wore lenses. He was okay when he moved to Aston Villa as their lights were high up and less of a problem.<br>WHS

Thanks pencil I found an hour to spare - btw the boss says everyone has to eat their sprouts!!!<br><br>ok there were the following 81 goalkeepers used between 1945 and vacating the Central Ground. If anyone can help with the missing Christian names then I’d be grateful. Interesting scenario when on the 4 occasions an outfield player has played the entire match in goal the Albs won every time. (Another job for Pritch in the future then perhaps) <br><br>Choose from this lot :-<br>Barry Alcock, Ally Anderson, Frank Ashbrook, Les Aston, A. Barber, Colin Barnes (stood in at Buxton and we won 4-3), Jim Bell, John Bell, John Bland, Bob Booth, Bowes, Braddock, Drew Brand, Ron Carey, Fred Carter, Alex Clarke, H. Connor, Cooper, Tony Crank, Phil Critchley, Graham Cunneely, Joe Dale (stood in at Alty and we won 2-0), Doug Daniels, Mark Davies, Wyn Dicken, Kevin Donohue, K. Edwards, Ken Field, Brian Fitzgerald, Bob Fletcher, Derek Fortune, A. Gilbert, John Goryl (stood in at Middlewich and we won on pens), Alan Green, Heaps, Billy Heath, Heppell, David Hey, Holland, Jakeman, Johns, Ged Johnson, K. Jones, Ian Kerr, David Lamb, W. Leigh, Ian Marsden, McDonald, Peter Mellor, Grenville Millington, Mullard, Chris Muter, Nabbs, L. Newton, Noden, Joey Paladino, Bob Park, Brian Parkinson, Brian Pendlebury, Phillips, Chris Pile, T. Powell, Mark Radcliffe, John Scales, Ian Senior, Shelmerdine, Mike Sherlock, Robin Simpson, Steve Skupski, I. Smith, Johnny Southern, Staley, Bob Stewart, Sturmey, Bob Tongue, Bill Tynan (stood in at Sandbach and we won 3-2), Walker, Paul Watkins, Colin Wilkinson, D. Wyatt & Tony Yoxall.<br> <br>

thanks Chad [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

i`ll eat my sprouts for that ;D ;D ;D ;D

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Joey Paladino ? <br>im thinking that he might want to come to our next sportsmans dinner.&lt;br&gt;for those who dont know, joey used to be a boxer

Provided you eat up all your sprouts like a good boy then I’ll open up my little book and give you Joey’s phone numbers.<br><br>btw the Guinness is in the cooler!!