Witton v Vauxhall

Does anybody know what the score is plz? Bit hard to be at the match considerin im in Dundee!! lol

won 3-0 on fa cup site

Confirmed on Unibond site. Attendance 308.

Witton 3 v Vauxhall 0<br>Barrass with a header from a superb cross from yhat little tricky winger Brian Pritchard.<br>Peers with 2 first took it on the outside of the right back then cut in along byline and slotted past a hapless keeper in goal.<br>Wittons 3rd and Peers 2nd was a superb drive from 25 to 30 yards out into the bottom right hand corner once again beating the hapless keeper.<br>And when all said and done no sign of Vauxhall Phil on our site so will go and pay him a visit on theres letting him know who we got next. <br>Well done to all the lads today an awsome game and the fans loved it.<br>And a clean sheet yeah. <br> [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=cheezy.gif] [smiley=cheezy.gif] [smiley=cheezy.gif] [smiley=cheezy.gif]

Superb result and excellent performance I really thought a draw would have been a good result today but we never looked like losing it Barass and Pritch had their forwards in their pockets but would be unfair to pick individuals a great team display and a very fair result deserved to win comfortably well done to all and fingers crossed for a good draw on Monday.

I haven’t enjoyed a game at Witton so much for a number of years and the drum was superb. [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

should that be the drubbing or the drum? ;D

Picko your too quick !!!

An excellent day. Hats off to ALL the players for a fantastic effort and to the supporters behind the goal for 90 minutes VOCAL support. Well done to Corbyn with the drum and let’s hope for a good draw on Monday.<br><br>Not that I care but the other team in town, namely ‘Northwich Nil’ lost too.<br><br>GE<br><br>

Even my presence could not "Jonah" the team. I am heartedly glad I broke off from what I was doing to go to the game even though I am now miles behind with my work. What an excellent team performance. Normally when we are in front for so long without a second goal we chuck it away, but not this time Vauxhall never looked like getting back in the game. I counted seven clear cut chances for us, one for them. The Drum is great.<br>WHS

as a vauxhall fc fan and father of the goalkeeper, i was at the game today, and after seeing a magnificent display of football from your team , i logged on to your forum to offer my sincere congratulations. i then saw a post by some sad person (criss cross crouch), who made some very bad comments towards my son who had a very good game against you today. the comments he made about him were totally defamatory,and very hurtful,and i will be contacting the club to discuss legal action against this person. my son is 5ft 10, has 8 international caps, and was at everton fc for 8 years before leaving on his own accord. i have been on many forums,and have not seen many posts as defamatory as this persons.i would once again like to congratulate your team and the true fans who were there today. good luck for the next round.

Bloody fantastic result, can’t wait to come down for the Burscough game next week.<br><br> [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=banane.gif]

Lakey 1962 i apologise for calling your son a dwarf.<br>But if you say you were there then he did well takeing the stick about his height for 75 minutes.<br>All the best for the rest of the season all involved with Vauxhall includeing the keeper and hopefully see you next season.<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

F.A. Cup 2nd Qualifying Round<br><br>WITTON ALBION 3 VAUXHALL MOTORS 0 att. 308<br><br>Team: Worsnop; Brownhill, Pritchard, Barras, Hockenhull; Whalley (Frost 79), Connors, Spearritt, Peers; Warlow (Griff Jones 89), Moseley (Sanasay 72)<br><br>Man of Match: Barras (Dominant throughout) n/b Peers<br><br>Team Rating 4 Match Rating 4<br><br><br><br>Albion proved, with a scintillating all round display, that league status counts for very little when it comes to cup-ties arguably in the World?s finest knock-out competition.<br><br>They went in front in the 5th minute at the Britannia Carpets Stadium against their near neighbours with a goal forged and finished by their centre-back partnership. A Mark Peers free-kick rebounded off the wall to Brian Pritchard and the 500+ appearances loyal servant produced probably his finest touch in his ten seasons with Witton when he took the ball to the by-line before putting an inch perfect cross over for TONY BARRAS to head powerfully past Sean Lake.<br><br>Shaun Whalley was desperately unlucky when his 14th minute rasping shot cannoned back off the underside of the bar with Lake left for dead. Two minutes later and when appeals for a blatant handball by Stephen McNulty were ignored by the match referee from Wolverhampton Ian Evans it needed a last ditch challenge from Liam Brownbill to stop Lee Furlong?s good attempt at an equaliser for Motors. Home keeper Jon Worsnop on 26 minutes produced a good diving save to deny Anthony Wright as Vauxhalls had their best period of the game.<br><br>Straight after the restart Albion really should have increased their lead, leading scorer Adam Warlow playing a ball to the unmarked Whalley but he allowed Lake far too much time and the keeper dived on his eventual effort, gathering the ball at the second attempt. Mike Moseley was then inches away from a Darren Hockenhull cross and the Albion striker was then denied just after the hour mark after Warlow had left three defenders in his wake before releasing Moseley who saw his shot partially blocked by Lake with the ball going agonisingly wide of the far post.<br><br>Motors clearest chance to equalising came on 76 minutes but skipper McNulty?s headed attempt, following a corner, ended well off target and they were made to pay three minutes later. MARK PEERS collected the ball some way out, advanced to the by-line and then cleverly ran along the line before despatching a cheeky shot, from the tightest of angles, behind the keeper. <br><br>On 82 minutes, team captain Tom Spearritt, who looked far more comfortable than of late, floated in a cross to the far post for Steve Connors to produce a diving header that ended not only centimetres away from the inrushing Carl Frost but also missed the target by the same distance.<br> <br>In the dying seconds it was PEERS again, this time taking a cross-field pass in his path before slamming the ball under the advancing Lake?s body, to give the match a score-line reflective of Albion?s excellent performance. <br><br>Several ex Witton players were in the Vauxhall squad, Michael Garrity, Tom Field, Lee Furlong whilst David Ness sat out the proceedings injured in the stand. However it probably would have been their player/manager Carl Macauley, who?d watched Albion at least twice himself, the most disappointed and angriest visitor to leave Wincham Park.<br><br>Thus after nailing the Prescot bogey on Tuesday, Albion have also allayed the Vauxhall one now, notching up their first win in 7 attempts since Motors entered the semi-pro realms. <br>

Awesome! To a man every player was outstanding today!<br><br>Atmosphere especially 2nd half was superb, and great to see so many kids there.

okay mate,. man of you to apologise.he,s only 18, and may end up like crouch.but little barthez took some stick,and he didn,t do too bad did he?anyway good luck for the rest of the cup,and the season.

Their keeper yesterday was the difference between Witton running up a 5 maybe 6 goal win, he was small in size ( as keepers go) but made up for it in stature. He pulled off three magnificent saves in the first half and kept his team in the game. As for the banter, it was very funny…

Well Lakey he only 18?<br>Man i apologise even more bud 18 and playing in the conference north good on him.<br>But for the Crouch jest nah he dosent wana be doing bycicle kicks in goal.<br>

Great performance by everyone associated with the club yesterday. It was a fantastic day, and the atmosphere behind goal was the best at WP for some time.<br>Mark Peers is getting more and more influential. Last season i felt he too often lacked a telling end-product, but this season he has so far been superb.<br>Their keeper took the banter quite well considering, and he didn’t have a bad game either.<br>Here’s hoping for a win-able home draw on monday, and then a good away fixture to a top Conference side in the next round.<br><br>Roll on Tuesday!

well done lads you were magnificent yesterday, every single player gave 110%, i tell you if we played lkike that week in week out we would walk this league.