Still 1-1 at Fleetwood.

Jack

Jack wrote:

[quote]Still 1-1 at Fleetwood.

Jack[/quote]
Is that what they call “Irony”?

Thats it Im off to get well and truly p1ssed

they will know were getting stuffed

i just hope we win the next two games, and at least were at home for the playoffs

Tough day for you today, time to suck it up and go up through the playoffs. Don’t take the draw with Frickley too seriously, the players have known about the 3-0 almost as soon as you did so the pressure was off. Had you been winning I think we would have gone up a notch as well. Best of lick in the playoffs and we’ll see you at Highbury next year

anybody know what the gate was?

Well, that’s it gone for another season. To say I’m disappointed is a huge understatement. I am absolutely devastated. We missed out by one GOAL last year, and this season it was ours to lose.

I’m sorry to sound so negative, but it is surely a mystery as to why we seem to bottle it when it comes down to the wire. So very, very frustrating.

Still, the milk is spilled, and there’s no use crying over it. I just hope we get another chance, but missing out twice on the trot is hard to take, and - sadly - I think the dream is now over.

However, I think we should all take our hats off to Fleetwood, who never gave up on what many would have considered a lost cause. I don’t believe for one minute that they are as good a team as we are, but when the going got tough, they didn’t seem to know the meaning of “defeat”. While we are taking a long, hard look at ourselves, we should admire them for their never-say-die attitude, and applaud them as worthy champions.

I desperately hope we win the play-offs, but I have a feeling that all our momentum has gone, and this is going to end up yet another season of “if only…”.

Thanks to all fellow boarders who have kept us up to date with the scores and all the news - it is very much appreciated.

I feel more “down” today than when I walked out of Wembley after the Colchester defeat. At least we were beaten by a better team on that day, but gave a very creditable account of ourselves and I felt very proud applauding the team as they left the hallowed turf.

Putting things into perspective, when I started watching Witton it was in the days of Peter Mellor, Ken Barnes, Chris Nichol, Paddy Daley, and - of course - the magnificent Trevor Ogden. Great team, great to watch, but we NEVER looked like winning the Cheshire League. Apart from the odd Senior Cup successes, it was just great to stand behind the goal at the Central Ground and cheer the lads on. Maybe we’ve just come to expect too much of today’s team…

and at least united lost! :wink: every cloud has a silver lining and all that

Got to say hard luck to Witton and all there fans.Didnt think we would ever catch you.Want to wish you all the best for the playoffs and hope you get the promotion you deserve.

cheers cod piece, congrats to your team hopefully see you next year.

first of all well done fleetwood and good luck next year unless you play us:)

Bad performance today but lets get over it and get back to winning ways in the playoffs against buxton on tuesday.

RED ARMY, RED ARMY

Worrying to see Gateshead hammered Buxton 5-0 today.

Truly Gutted I really am been trying to get all the mums and dads from my lads Junior Team down all season a lot of them are Vics fans or say they dont want to watch football, I bleat on about how good we are they turn up And ??

Anyhow thanks for the invite Neil etc, thanks for sorting out the penalty shootout Andy and onwards and upwards:)

they just wanted it more than us

Well done lads for a good season Im sure we will get through play offs BUT i am so convinced Witton albion is far too friendly place for visitors to come we the supporters are not intimidating enough to opposing teams We are far too polite For older fans ever recall going to Macc? or Alty you certainly felt the away side on those grounds . Im abroadf workin at mo bu hope to be ack for next saturday. GIVE BUXTON THE MOST UNWELCOME RECEPTION YOU CAN IMAGINE , Nevermind the “mamby pamby well done the opposition sporting type” Give plenty of stick to em make em feel uncomfortable. Im not joking I know 2 players from both Telford and Gateshead who have said they find it easy and friendly at Witton ,I was embarrassed when they told me?>the other example was When the Vics v Weymouth game was called off and one particular Vics fan was at the turnstyle slagging off in language I wonr repat on a public forum , but you can imagine and not one Witton fan (including me) said anything !! What is wrong with us? I dont condone violence at football but somone should have shut him up .Im not saying lets Kick the s&%t out of people or start trouble , but lets make it less of a walk in the park at Witton for visitors team and supporters .and I know Ill get critisized for this posting , but it is a general observation from quite alot of people

i agree to a certain degree with the above post…

More than a couple of players need a f**king slap before Tuesday night. Obviously a few of the lads thought the result was a formality before today’s game and I hope they cringed as much as we did as they were battered by one of the few teams in this league with nothing left to play for. Anyone who comes jumping to Jim or the team’s defence needs to have a word with themselves. Yet again we’ve bottled it. As one of our injured players said post match if we play like that Tuesday we can forget about playing Saturday.

Gutted ! feel for everybody concerned who have worked so hard this season but at least we have got another bite at it. We will have to find more than today if we are going to do it but we must remain positive and believe we can do it.

2666 at Fleetwood today - we can’t compete with that.