Witton Supporters v V*cs Supporters

Hard luck boys - great effort by you all for a good cause - enjoyable afternoon had by all. Pity about the biased official with the whistle. :wink:

Not quite sure how to sum all that up, cracking day generally and more money raised and people turned up that I personally expected anyway.
IMO it makes a difference playing in front of a crowd and actually hearing a cheer when u win a tackle etc. So thanks to everyone who took time out to turn up - I doubt it was like watching the first team!

It was a good experience too right from breakfast to having a buffett etc in the club afterwards. Look forward to seeing the pictures and video when Dawn’s made her editors cut!

Just like to echo Neils comments, great day apart from the result, no way they were 7 goals better than us but it doesnt help when they are given a goal head start >:(
Well done to all the guys who organised it so well and to everyone that turned up, it was a total privilege to play in the Witton kit and with rest of the team in front of so many fans.

I can no longer feel my legs and will probably be unable to walk until next year :stuck_out_tongue:

Cant wait for the next one

RED ARMY

i like to say well done to you all , does matter about the score the taking apart that matters ,. northwich are strong team there are 4th in are league . lets hope you rest team to play us (runcorn fans) in a friendly and maybe come in are league which enjoybale and laugh

once again well done on today

cheers daz

Cheers for the game today guys! You really should think about joining the league its a good laugh and not massively serious (google nfsl). Our fitness definately showed in the second half although the pitch was pretty sapping for both teams.

No 10

Well done everyone involved in making today’s game a very entertaining affair. Shame one or two numptys thought it was the other team’s first team they were watching :wink:

Very pleasing to see so many fans and relatives their and also that our Chairman and his good lady, Mark Harris and his wfe and son plus Nigel Deeley and Pritch came through. Any of the other lot bother?

Thought for the first 30 minutes - ie the time you normally play a game for, that you were the only team on the park. The penalty was an absolute farcial decision, only one person could have possibly agreed and he gave it. :o

Their second certainly knocked you back and then when their left winger had that two minute purple patch straight after the interval well the result was then a foregone conclusion. Nevertheless you never gave up on a treacle pitch and really deserved a consolation goal at the end.

How’s about challenging them to a six a side format match played to your normal time and surface?

Notice that Runcorn have offered you a game on April 27th. Reckon some of you might just have fully recovered by then. ;D

Well played lads, It was good to see you enjoying it (I think)
It’s a pity that them from across the canal, didn’t use Supporters in their team, can anyone tell me how many of them were VS supporters, I reckon at the most that they had 4.
I am sure that if it was Witton V V
s proper supporters it would be a different story,It must be worth considering for next year

Same old Lizards - always cheating !

Boy oh boy them grapes are sour. Probably shouldn’t rise to your scurrilous accusations but it’s late and i’ve had a drink. For information i have seen 12 of the 16 at the VS, sorry marstons arena regularly this season and the other four i only met for the first time today, but will look out for them in the future. Maybe the game next year should be for season ticket holders only or a neutral ajudicator can check everyones programme collection.

I would like to thank Greg, Mark and all the Witton lads for playing their part in what was a great day. And if you fancy a sixes match, tiddlywinks or an arm wrestle them i’m sure we can oblige.

I love being called ‘The mouth on the radio’ glad to hear the banter has done it’s job, off to bed now, up early, as i have four meters of red ribbon to get a refund on!

Checked the Web this morning for a couple of definitions;

WINNER - One that achieves the victory.
Loser - Someone or something that is defeated.

So basically, they scored 7 we scored 0. But by the above definitions there wasn’t 1 loser there yesterday, and EVERYONE was a winner.

In the space of just a few weeks we organised something that turned out to be a MASSIVE success. When i left the Penny Black at 8ish last night everyone was still laughing and joking. Everyone was still saying what a great day they had.

It was a great end to the day that the signed WItton shirt was won by one of our lads - Mike Blundell.

I hope everyone is very proud of what they have achieved.

Thanks to Andy Woolley for everything that he did in organising the Trophy ( :cry: ) and Medals etc.

Thanks to Chris WIlliams, the Vics manager.

Thanks to Jim Vince for the training session a few weeks back (we didn’t concede from a set-piece!! At least i don’t rember that we did!!).

Thanks to Des, the 2 Sprucies, and John Evans for a mixture of Kitman and Stewarding duties.

Thanks to Des and the Club for donating the first-team kit for the day.

Thanks to Nige Deeley, Brian Pritchard, Mark Harris, and Mike Worthington for respresenting the Club.

Thanks to Mike Moseley for bringing the family along and swelling the numbers (but not for ribbing me about my own performance…!!).

Thanks to our 4 mascots, who were all very well behaved - and promised not to repeat any of the blue language they heard in the changing rooms before the game!!

To put things into perspective (and not in the slightest to make excuses - as i don’t think for one minute that we need to do that), they had 2 lads who apparently play Saturday football for the likes of Lostock etc. I think out of a squad of 18 players we had a total of 5 who are regularly playing Sunday football. Two of these being our goalkeepers (well done Mike Nelson!), and another one being young Shaun Carter (who had an excellent game). You will find ALL of our squad stood behind the goal at the majority of Witton home games. And that’s what it was all about for me.

As said previously; we more than matched them for 20 minutes or so - and it was only 2 nil at half time. At 4 - 0 down we decided to make sure everyone got a decent run-out, and still almost got a goal right at the death.

So, thanks to everyone at Winsford for having us. Thanks to Cheshire FM and the Northwich Guardian. Thanks to Si Westland and Andy Simpson.

A BIG BIG THANK YOU to all the lads who turned out for the Witton side. Every single one of you was a credit to the Club and really kept in the spirit of what we were there to do - which was primarily to have fun and to raise money for a very worthy cause. Everybody supported and encouraged each other throughout.

Finally, another MASSIVE thank you to all those that turned out to support us. For our lads to play infront of over 240 people was an experience to treasure. It’s such a shame we couldn’t give everyone a goal to cheer, but i promise you that each and every one of us gave everything that we had.

We raised £610.93 on the day for St Lukes, so that will be £1221.86 when matched £4£ by Barclays. I also have a cheque for £20 from Eurocamp which hasn’t been included in that figure.

Again, thanks to everyone. I feel very proud this morning.

RED ARMY!!!

[quote]
actually hearing a cheer when u win a tackle[/quote]

Neil, when did you win a tackle?!

:o

:wink:

Before I woke up!

Excellent afternoon which was an enjoyable experience. I think Robbo best summed it up with his Everyone was a winner quote especially ST Lukes to the tune of over £1000!! As I also work for Barclays I know very definately they will match the money raised £4£ so well done to everyone involved especially our lads for putting in the effort. I still think their 7th goal was offside though!!
It also gave me the chance to have a chat with some of our great people, including Mike W, Neil Gill, Pritch, and Nige as well as many friends like Chad senior,Phil Flavell, The Doc, Tim Atherton, Alan and Des etc. Fantastic afternoon with fantastic people as well as raising a lot of cash for a worthy cause, can’t be bad can it!!

I’d just like to say a big thank you to everybody that has helped with the organisation of the game. The hard work was well worth it and it’s certainly something I’d be happy to get involved with again. Proud to be a Wittoner on Sunday, and it was a real privilege to wear the shirt! Thanks also to the supporters that showed up, it certainly wasn’t expected and made the day extra special!

Thanks

To echo Robbo and Greg’s comments, a huge thanks to all the fans, players and officials that attended in support of the lads - it was a huge credit to the club.

Particular thanks to Winsford United, The Guardian and the guys and Dave and Al at CheshireFM. Also to Chris, Andy and all the Northwich lads who helped in the organisation of the day.

Robbo and Greg made this happen on Witton’s behalf and did a splendid job. There are 12 months now to concentrate on building a team, but frankly as has already been said everyone won on the day and St Luke’s were extremely grateful for such a great donation, which is down to the people who attended and Barclays kind matched donation.

This was a great success on every level - well done to all!

Cheers Si, your presence was much appreciated… :wink:

Great report with pictures (full page) in todays Guardian. Fantastic coverage from Andy Simpson.

Yes, it is a brilliant spread.

Did he really have to mention the scoreline though?! ::slight_smile:

He did well to only mention it in the match report!

Love the quotes, did I really say all that?!

No, it was Crouchy. Andy must of got the 2 of you confused…